Monday, November 16, 2015

[Girl] Exclusive! New Ambassadors for Brand Denizen Jeans - Local Singer Kelly Poon and Korean-American James Lee Share their Denim Fashion Tips!



image

Upon walking into the scene, the first thing you notice is the “worlds apart” height difference between the two. At 1.6m tall, Kelly looks like almost a little sister to American-born James Lee, who stands at 1.9m tall. The two are the new ambassadors for dENiZEN jeans brand, and had a little chat with [Girl].

What do you think about having been chosen to represent dENiZEN jeans?
J: I’m very honored. I grew up very tall, so finding a pair of well-fitting and good looking jeans was absolutely “rare” I’m really very grateful! (At this time, he was kind enough translate for the Korean agents.)
K: I’m very stimulated and very excited, and when we were shooting, I had a lot of fun.

What did you think about your first collaboration?
J: It wasn’t embarrassing at all, very natural. Truthfully, I had only arrived in Singapore eight hours before the shoot, so I was a little tired. But once I saw this bouncing and vibrant girl on set, I got caught up in her energy and thought that time flew by really fast.
K: James is a very dedicated and personable model! Thumbs up! We have a considerable height gap, but he was very accommodating to me, and we were complimentary during the shoot.

What kind of jeans do you like?
J: I think comfortable jeans are very important. Since I’m a sunshine man, I run around all day, so I think that tight jeans are difficult to wear everywhere!
K: I like tight-fitting jeans, the super-skinny ones.

How about from a color perspective? (Which do you prefer?)
J: I joined the Royal Pirates when I was 16 (t/n: ???) and the image we wanted to present was with minimal, straight black jeans. Being the brand’s ambassador really opened my eyes to jeans!
K: I prefer dark jeans, because they can lend the visual that my legs are longer, haha.

How do you fit jeans into your daily life?
J: Compared to girls, I’m really a super-simple guy. I can get around anywhere with just a T-shirt and a pair of black jeans. If there’s a special occasion, I can change into a collared shirt, and it really makes a huge difference.
K: When I go shopping, I’m a lot like James. I can go out in a t-shirt, some jeans, and a pair of heels!

Do you wear jeans to a first outing/meeting?

J: Why not? It’s okay as long as you don’t give off a lazy or sloppy impression, haha. Anyway, that’s how my first date attire is.
K: In Singapore many girls like to wear a blouse, shorts, and sandals. Please, please- you must not dress like this on a first date! Girls can wear a denim dress- it’s not only playful and cute, but also very feminine.

Fashion guru Valentino has worn jeans to an interview. Do you think it is proper for people to wear jeans to an interview?
J: I think a person’s confidence is enough, so I don’t see why not!
K: Jeans itself are a statement piece, so I think it depends on how you dress it up. For girls it would depend on shoes, makeup, jewelry, etc. All are very important.

How do you find jeans that fit?

J: You must try them on! I found that jeans vary in size by company, it;s not 100% accurate!
K: I also agree that you must try them on. With close-fitting jeans, it is especially important that they suit your body type.

Finding a good pair of jeans is…
J: … better than winning the lotto! With my height, it’s really difficult to find a pair of jeans that even fit!
K: … as great as eating delicious desserts everyday! A truly joyous occasion.


image

Two people wearing denim fashion, doesn’t it look superior?

image

Don’t the two of them look so cute!

image

Scene of the Shoot

Written by LYNN from Nuyou/ Article here.
Translations to English by SSRP (heymeowmao)