Wednesday, October 12, 2016

[16.10.12] [Interview] Royal Pirates for WowKorea - RP Japan Tour



-- Please say a word of greetings to your fans

Moon: Hello everyone. I’m Moon from Royal Pirates. Long time no see! My heart’s pounding and I’m looking forward to going to Japan.
James: I missed you all so much. I haven’t made much progress on my Japanese… I’ll study hard.
EXSY: Hello everyone! It’s EXSY. Last month I spent about one week in Tokyo and I improved my Japanese a little. I wish I could speak to everyone soon!

 
-- It was decided you would hold live performances on October 26-28th! You’ve held consecutive live performances before, have you noticed any differences between the first day and the last day? For example, does it get more packed, or is it a different feel from day to day… Please tell us how you feel about the multiple performances.
 
Moon: On the first day you feel joy at having met these fans again after such a long time, and on the second and third days we become more and more immersed in the atmosphere of the performances. Especially on the last day, rather than saying we are performing a live performance, it’s like we and the fans have become one and that time becomes a moment for us to play altogether.
James: On the first day I feel distinctly pleased to meet everyone again after such a long time. Each day I remember being touched by the fact that the fans sang along with us. We prepare a different set-up each time we play, always wanting to show a different side to ourselves, and I feel a sense of accomplishment as each day comes to an end.
EXSY: On the first day I still feel a bit nervous and there are times I end up making small mistakes, but it’s also the day I feel energized and excited. On the second and third days I become more stable, the tension bleeds away and I start to tell the fans jokes.

  
-- What have you prepared for the performances this time?

Moon: We have a lot of different concepts. We have some acoustic songs queued up, as well as songs we’ve never played live before, so please anticipate it.
James: There are a few surprises. I hope you enjoy them.
EXSY: I’ve prepared a solo song in Japanese! I chose a song that I think everyone will know, so I hope they all sing along!

 
-- Is there anything you must do while in Japan, or something you look forward to doing?
Moon: Every time we come we must go to Don Quijote. It’s fun to sight-see, but it will depend on how everything goes.

James: It’s fun to get a snack at the convenience store and eat it with my members.
EXSY: I always look forward to meeting each and every fan. We make it fun for everyone, so we gain energy from each other and return home. Every time we come, we also enjoy delicious meals. I want to try going to the game center this time.

 
-- Lastly, please say a word to your fans.

Moon: I’m really happy to be able to see you all for three consecutive days. Since we are able to have this live because of you, I will do my best to make it an event that will stay in your memories forever!
James: I’m always thankful for the fans who are here to watch me continue to grow as a musician and who continue to cheer us on. You all have become a source of major support for me. I’m working hard to prepare these performances for you, so let’s have fun!
EXSY: I’m excited to be having a performance in Japan after such a long time! We’ve prepared stages you can enjoy to your fullest, so please come to see us. See you at the venue! I love you!

 
WowKorea | October 12, 2016
English translations by setsailroyalpirates (heymeowmao)~