Tuesday, October 11, 2016

[16.10.11] [Interview] Korea’s Handsome Band Royal Pirates! Three days of performances, from October 26-28 at Shibuya GLAD, and around Tokyo! “We’ll bring everyone an unforgettable live performance!”

South Korean trio band Royal Pirates successfully held their Japanese tour “Beyond in Japan” at Tokyo’s Shibuya Glad this past June, attracting a great number of fans. To express how much they miss Japan and their fans there, they will be holding a three-day series of live performances, starting on October 26.
 
The Royal Pirates are a three-member band so handsome they can make appearances in Korean dramas. The members grew their talents in America, and kicked things up last December with their rock and EDM fusion title song of “Run Away.” Please look forward to the three-day tour that opens on the 26th!


-- First off, please greet your Japanese fans.
Moon: Hello to all our Japanese fans. I’m RP’s Moon. I’ve missed you.
James: Last year when we came to Japan I said I would definitely study up on my Japanese, but I haven’t been able to yet. I’m sorry! I’ve missed you very much though!
EXSY: Hello everyone! It’s EXSY! I really miss you. I’ve been working hard on my Japanese, so let’s meet quickly so we can talk. I love you!
 
 
-- Your Japan Live will soon start on October 26. What can we look forward to the most this time around?
Moon: During the live we will be able to show everyone a more mature side to us and our music, and more than that, I think the audience will be able to match with us fantastically.
James: It’s been such a long time since we’ve been able to meet with the fans, I think the point of the tour will be to show them how much our music has grown.
EXSY: In order to liven up the stage this time around, we’ve prepared to show a variety of arrangements and performances, and even have solo stages lines up!
 
 
-- It sounds exciting. Do you have any special performances planned?
Moon: We plan on performing rearrangements of our older songs, so please look forward to it.
 
 
-- I have been to performances in many countries, but what do you think of the reactions of Japanese fans? It is said that they are quite meek.
Moon: Japanese audiences seem to give a lot more respect to the artists performing on stage, and although they are quiet, I can still feel that they are enjoying themselves. They focus so much on listening to our singing voices, so that they can hear each line; I’m very grateful that they think of how hard we worked to prepare for the stage.
James: I always feel their sincerest love. That’s why my feelings of wanting to give back to the fans is always getting larger.
EXSY: There was a time when they were mild and meek, but recently it’s like we’ve become more like friends, and they jump and cheer us on more. Every time I come back I enjoy myself.
 
 
-- Is there anything you want to do or eat while you’re in Japan?
Moon: It’s always good to go to Tokyo, but I’d also like to visit Osaka or other prefectures. I want to see where the fans go, and experience a place for the first time.
James: This time I definitely want to visit the hot springs with Moon and EXSY, and take our time to enjoy ourselves.
EXSY: Actually I traveled around Japan on my own in September. I tried riding the train by myself for the first time and it was a truly heart-pounding experience. Next, I want to check out the Tokyo Tower.


-- Lastly, please say a word to your Japanese fans.
Moon: I’m really happy to be seeing you all for three consecutive days. We’ll deliver a live that will remain in your memories for a long time!
James: After having to change my position from the bass to the keyboard, I’m always thankful of the fans who are cheering me on and who are here to watch me grow and mature as a musician. For the fans who are always by my side, I will continue to do my best to prepare for the performance.
EXSY: I’m sorry to have kept you waiting for so long. I’ll definitely see you at our performances later this month. I love you~

 
KanStarpress | October 11, 2016
English translations by setsailroyalpirates (heymeowmao). Please take out with credit~ ㅠㅠ