Sunday, October 25, 2015

[Translations] 151025 SuKiRa◢

Crying Noises:

W: When was the last time something made you cry?
M: I haven’t cried recently, but I feel like I’ll cry today
S: I cried when I watched a sad movie
B: I cried yesterday while eating something


W: On the outside they look like reliable strong men but on the inside I think even they will cry at a sad movie or drama, Royal Pirates’ Moon and Sooyoon! Welcome! (M: Hello, I’m RP’s Moon; S: Hello, I’m Sooyoon) The girl who hates people seeing her cry so much that I think she’ll hold her tears when watching a sad movie, the tough girl, Park Boram! (B: Hello, I’m Park Boram~)
M: It’s been a while
B: It has~
W: Have you been well?
M: Of course
B: :sighs: (everyone laughs)
W: We probably look very comedic, right now.
M: Everyone’s wearing face masks…
W: Are you all okay? Is there anyone who’s caught a cold?
S: It’s not a cold, but I’ve got allergies (sniffles)… since it came on so suddenly
W: I see… You need to carry around a handkerchief or something, then
S: Yeah
M: It’s not related, but why are there so many mosquitos all of a sudden?
W: Mosquitos?
M: You haven’t noticed? People say autumn mosquitos are scary. I’ve been suffering recently because of them.
W: I see
M: While I’m sleeping
W: Are your legs itchy?
M: Now that I think about it, they are a little itchy
W: Boram’s released a new song!
B: Yes~
W: The title is “I’m Sorry”
B: Yes, that’s right
M: A sad song
W: :starts singing:
B: That’s not it!
M: :sings:
B: That’s not it either! ㅠㅠ
W: It’s a little different from your previous songs, this one is a ballad
B: Yes
W: Is that because it came out in Autumn?
B: Yes…. This album is acutally one I really anticipated
W: The song is really good. I listened to it by myself. I had suddenly thought of Park Boram and when I looked there were two versions of the song, a piano version and the original. I couldn’t really tell what the difference between them was, though.
B: One has a piano… I think the arrangement is different, that’s all.
W: I see. There’s a different mood to them, but both are very good.
B: Thank you.
W: You also cut your hair short!
B: This… a lot of people around me told me that it was addicting. Among women, if you cut your hair short, you really want to keep cutting it. So I tried, and I really did get addicted. I want to keep cutting it shorter.
M: Why?
W: Isn’t it convenient? When you’re washing your hair?
M: Ah, it’s easy?
B: It’s really convenient. The week after next you might get a real shock when you see me.
W: You can wear a wig though.
B: No~
W: (You can) Go bald… Wigs these days are really well made! What did the people around you think of your hair?
B: They saw a different side of me, through promoting this ballad (and with the different hair)
W: Your hair color is different too
M: You voice is extremely well-fit for ballads
B: Really?
M: Your voice is very nice
W: It has a pure tone to it
B: I’ll… I’ll have to grow my hair out, now
W: I heard the lyrics of “I’m Sorry” are things you actually experienced yourself?
B: Yes. But… even if you don’t date, you can still have these sorry feelings towards your friends or your parents, too. So I think this song doesn’t necessarily have to be about a person in a relationship…
M: ??
B: Ey~ Why are you like this?!
W: “I’m sorry” is very good, even our (SuJu’s) “Sorry Sorry” was accepted by a lot of people, so I hope that many people like Boram’s song as well
B: …Thank you
M: Wasn’t that a bit too long ago?
W: Ah, was that too cliche? It seems like Moon has lost a bit of weight since I last saw him… are you preparing for your new album?
M: Yes… the new album… will be ready for release at the end of November…
W: So you’ve had to lose some…
M: Yes.. I’ve been… watching what I eat. Its extremely difficult.
B: I don’t think you have anything to lose though [t/n: Meaning he’s thin enough]
M: Oh, no.. I…
W: He has lost some weight already, if you look at his jaw line…
B: Ah, I see…
M: Oh, really? That’s great to hear
B: Oh, was your hair always so thin? [t/n: Meaning he lost weight… in his hair. LOL]
M: Is it? I guess it did get thinner!
B: Yes! Your hair!
M: Really? I just washed it.
W: Boram, please don’t mess with the hair…
B: I’m sorry
W: Mhmm
M: Recenty hair loss and baldness has been a hot topic…. LOL


W: The theme for today is “sad songs.” In fall I think there are plenty to go around. What have you been listening to recently?
M: I’ve recently been listening to a lot of ballads. Normally I think Koreans ballads are too dramatic, so I don’t listen to them very often, but I have been these days. A lot of Sung Sikyung’s songs. Songs that invoke feelings.
W: How about you, Sooyoon?
S: I’ve been listening to pop songs that have a ballad-like feeling, and R&B songs
W: R&B songs… I- I’m sorry, Sooyoon. Today, from where you’re sitting in the corner…
M: You can’t see him! You can only hear his voice!
W: I’m sorry you have to sit there, Sooyoon!
S: It’s no problem.
W: Thanks to you, I don’t have to block my ears today, but still. The instrument was always behind me, and it always gave me a shock…
M: Well, since today is our last..
W: It’s okay, right?
S: Of course
W: Cozy?
S: Yes~
W: It’s like your own room.
S: It’s really great


[[Boram - I’m Sorry]]


W: While recording this, I think you can get really teary-eyed…
M: Almost as if you want to cry..
B: Yes, I almost did.
W: How long did it take you to record? Some people take a long time to record just on esong…
M: Right, and some people finish very quickly..
W: Are you the type to take your time with it?
B: I tend to record very quickly.
M: Two takes at most?
B: I think I did it in one take.
W: :gasp: One take?! Wow, then you just sang it through… There are people who record one word at a time, as well. XD
M: I use many takes. XP It takes me about three takes for one word?
W: You’re very precise.
M: But there are songs like that. Some really can be done in one take.
W: However since this song needs more expression of emotion… wow, one take?
B: Yes.
W: You can’t lie~
B: No, really!
W: Wow, really?
B: One take is… that right?
W: Singing it through all in one shot.
B: No~ Not that. In four hours, one…
M/W: One session!
B: Yes, one session! One take! OMG I almost made a huge mistake!
W: There are times when you can’t finish the song in one session. I’ve taken four sessions to finish one song before.
M: Really?
W: Yes. I’ve personally taken that long…
M: How long would four sessions be? More than ten hours?
W: Yes, of course, more than ten. Maybe… twelve? You have to take a break in the middle to eat…
B: For one song?
W: For one song, yes. It was for “One Fine Spring Day”… I had to sing that song over and over again. I couldn’t grasp what emotion I should sing in. I wanted it to feel like spring, but it kept moving in a different direction. But this song, “I’m Sorry” really feels like fall. I think it’d be nice to listen to in the winter, as well.
M: Yeah.
B: Truthfully, before debut, I had recorded this song. This was originally going to be my debut song.
W: Before it was changed to “Beautiful”?
B: Yes. So, I released this in time for fall.
W: Then you must have more affection for this song than others
B: Yes.


M: [Listener’s Note] Hyuu. I’ll start with a sigh. I’m a 29.8 year old woman quickly approaching thirty, with just two months left to go. There’s a song that I’ve been playing all day recently. That is Kim Gwangseok’s Around Thirty. Other people romantacize about what they’ll do in their twenties, but I romanticize about my thirties. I wanted to become an adult quickly, and twenty just seemed too young, mentally and economically. I think of thirty as the age people really become adults. But I’m almost thirty and all the things I thought I would do at this age are different from reality. Where is the awesome career woman I dreamed of? Day in and day out, all I do is work. I thought I would marry someone I loved and live a happy-go-lucky life, but I can’t even get a blind date. Thirty is almost here and I have no money nor boyfriend, just tears.
W: She’s the same age as me… thirty…
M: But, hyung you’re pretty content, right?
W: For me, since I work… and there are a lot of younger people around me… from a workplace point of view, thirty is unusual. But for this normal woman (not in the entertainment business), if she doesn’t have a boyfriend, and can’t get set-up… this feeling….
M: It’s sad.
W: But you can start from thirty. If you’re forty, just start from forty.
M: If you’re fifty, just start at fifty.
W: Right~ My mom always says this, that her life started at fifty. There are people who start in their sixties.
M: Of course. If you think like that, you can live easy
W: Boram prepared a line from a song for us.. Is it from “Around Thirty”?
B: Oh~ Goosebumps~ (Sings a line from “Around Thirty”)
M: How suiting~
W: What a nice voice~ How old are you now, Boram?
B: :giggles: Oh, I think I almost swore. I’m twenty-two.
M: Wow, you sng with such empathy though
S: Are you sure you’re not around thirty? :p
W: While you were singing, you were around thirty-two instead.
B: How funny~ [She can’t handle their cheesy puns, haha]


B: [Listener’s Note] It’s not a very sad song, but everytime I listen to Sistar’s “Alone” I get sad. You’ll understand if you hear it. :soullessly singing: “Why am I eating alone again? Watching a movie alone”-
W: Hold on a second. If you’re a singer…
M: So soulless…
W: You really sang it in the perspective of the sender~
B: Oh, yes.
W: Can you sing this song?
B: Yes! Of course! “Why am I eating alone again? Watching a movie alone, singing alone, crying everyday”
W: Oh~ You are a singer~
M: Like an idol
W: That “eating alone again” earlier wasn’t right… Please continue.


B: [Listener’s Note] -There are lyrics like this, right? But they describe my situation perfectly. After I found a job in Seoul, I started living alone for the first time in my life. My mother, father, grandmother, sister, and little brother- since I was little I’ve always lived in a crowded house, so living on my own right now is so lonely. There aren’t many people I know in Seoul, so I really do eat alone, and watch movies alone, go to cafes alone. Not too long ago, it hit me and I just started crying. I used to want to live on my own and move out but now I wish there was someone by my side.
W: She was lonely, so she sent this in… I never thought anyone would get sad after listening to “Alone.” I always thought is was kind of a risque song.
M: It has a sexy feel to it~
W: Right? Earlier- I’m sorry.
B: Oh~ I never thought about it like that.
LOL
W: Well, that’s one way of hearing it~ Alone… she must have eaten alone, and done everything alone, so she must really miss her family. Do you live alone?
B: Yes, I live alone. It’s been about five years.
W: Aren’t you lonely?
B: At first- Okay, it’s like this. There are times it’s comfortable, and times it is lonely. It comes and goes.
W: It must be like having boyfriends come and go.
B: Well- I wouldn’t know anything about that
LOL
W: How about you, Moon?
M: I’ve tried living with my bandmates, but… I like being at home alone, but I don’t like living alone. I think it’ll be very lonely. I don’t like it when it’s too quiet. When I’m alone, I always turn on the tv. There needs to be some noise.
W: I see, so it sounds like there are people.
M: Yes, sounds of people. That way I can be alone and hear people without actually being outside with people. It’s lonely.
W: When watching movies.. for example Insterstellar, there are bird sounds. I think I can really relate to that. I wonder if it’s really like that
M: I think it is, if you go outside and there’s no one else around
W: So you turn on the tv… What about you, Sooyoon?
S: I don’t feel loneliness all too much, but if I go too long without seeing my parents or friends, I get uneasy. I start to worry about them.
W: Well, you do have each other. You have Moon. James, too.
M: Yes, we see each other every day.
S: I don’t get uneasy with the two of us
M: Right~ Since we’ve been friends since middle school
W: Goodness, that. [t/n: When he says this it’s like… he can’t even with SooChul’s relationship]
LOL
B: “Goodness, that”?!
W: Oh, it came out without me knowing, “Goodness, that”… RP’s prepared a bit of the song for us, though.
M: Ah, “Alone”?
W: It’s a girl group song though [t/n: He’s worried about the key]
M: We sang it before, remember? The reggae version.
W: Oh, yeah.
M: Today I’ll sing a normal version, a little.
W: I’ve sung this while wearing women’s clothes before, with Siwon, Kangin, and Sungmin.
M: Shall I try it?
W: This is Moon singing~
M: :Sings Sistar’s Alone:
W: The PD is outside the studio just nodding. It was nice.
M: Oh, really?
W: “Ooo~” how did you do that? I tried before, too.
M: It came as the result of much practice, haha


W: RP’s preapared a song for us… it’s one you wrote and composed yourself?
M: Yes, we wanted to sing a more special song for today. I used to write a lot of sad songs back in the day, so this is one I wrote while in America. It’s about… after you break up, the person you knew and loved becomes a totally different person. You become strangers to each other. So this is a song expressing that unfamiliarity, “Stranger.”
W: Oh, the pronunciation. It surprised me.
M: :Says “Stranger” in Konglish for Wook:
W: Seu-tran-ger. Okay. This is Royal Pirates’ “Stranger”
[[RP - Stranger]]
B: Wow~
W: Oh, you’re English is so good. XD
B: Since it was a really sad song, I wanted to focus on the lyrics…but it was all in English, so I gave up
M: I wrote it while in America…
W: Very nice~ Can we anticiapte a Korean version of it?
M: I wanted to write one but- as you may know- the feeling I had when I first wrote it.. it’s difficult to translate…
W: ?? [t/n: I couldn’t hear himmmm ㅠㅠㅠ]
M: I know! Please anticipate it, then!


B: [Listener’s Note] This is an old story but, back when minihompy was popular, I really liked my then-boyfriend’s background music. When I told him I liked it, he replied, “I wanted to let you hear it. I’ll be as good to you as in the lyrics.” So I listened again while focusing on the lyrics. That song was Jason Mraz’s “I’m Yours.” Just like the lyrics, he was mine. I was so touched I kept the song on my phone, and went everywhere with it. Since then I’ve broken up with him and the song has become a sad one for me.
W: Oh, a song that you liked when things were happy become like this after a break up…
M: There are songs like this… if you hear the song on the road you suddenly get nostalgic
W: There are songs that can get you in a bad mood, too. Like, other people like it a lot, but when you hear that song you think of “them”
M: What song is it for you, Hyung?
W: I’m just saying there are songs like that. It wasn’t about me, personally…
M: But you said there was a song like that
W: Everyone has one. You don’t?
M: I don’t. (:in a high voice: LOL)
W: Okay. Fine then, can you sing a line from this song? I think Royal Pirates can do it.
M: :Sings Jason Mraz’s “I’m Yours”:
W: What does it mean?
M: :translates the lyrics into Korean:
B: Oh, what a cruel song.
W: Why do you say that?
B: Doesn’t it become cruel after you’ve broken up?
M: Ah, yes. I think I’d hate meaningful songs like this, you’d come to resent them (after breaking up)


[[Boram - Ringback Tone (LYn)]]


W: Ringback tone… they’re very popular nowadays
B: :laughs: All I hear now is bird sound? … Maybe water?
M: Yes, I think those are the basics of what people use now
W: Oh, really?
M: But I think most of the ringback tones have gone away, what with the smartphones and all…
W: I’m sorry, I use one…
M: Oh really? I see.
B: What is it?
W: It’s my song.
M: Sorry Sorry?
W: No
B: One FIne Spring Day?
W: Insomnia k k


M: [Listener’s Note] I think the song with sadder lyrics than any other is this song. “My family has been poor since I was young. We could barely even afford to eat out. When my mother hadn’t returned back from work, I always cooked ramen to eat alone.”-
W: Hold on a second- You have to rap it! You can’t just leave this note like this.
M: Will you beatbox for me?
W: Me? There’s a beat box over there! (The drumset)
S: :laughs:
M: I’ll try it. I’ve never tried before..
W: Can you do it? Sooyoon?
M: What do I do? [To Sooyoon] Can you play the drums for me?
S: Ah, drums? I’ll try.
[[Raps G.O.D’s Dear Mother]]
W: Ya~ Ya~ (S: Yeah~ :laughs:) You have to do it!
M: Ya~ Ya~ Ya~~ [Listener’s Note] Whenever I hear G.O.D’s Dear Mother the tears start flowing.
M: I’m sorry, that was bad.
W: No… but G.O.D’s Dear Mother… no matter where you go, please don’t rap.
M: Ah, yes. I understand.
W: You might just kill the mood. :P
[t/n: I think the audio skipped a little here?]
W: It’s a very well written song. Do you call (your parents) often?
M: Well, I see my mother all the time… but there is something I always regret, and that’s going into my room when my parents want to talk to me. I always regret it, but I’m just so tired…
W: “Get out~!”
M: I don’t do that, but…
W: Oh, I’m sorry.
(Sooyoon dies laughing)
M: Not to that extent. I don’t look at them and answer their questions, like “Uh-huh, I ate” or “It’s fine”
W: “Ah~ It’s fine~”
M: Right. Halfheartedly. But I always regret it. I always regret it so I think to myself that next time I’ll talk a little more. If I could just say one word more to them, if they enter my room.
W: Something like “I’m going to sleep”?
M: I always think to myself that I shouldn’t be like that to them but I keep doing it.
W: I have the same thoughts.
M: But I really do love my parents a lot.


S: [Listener’s Note] Is there anything that hurts more than the person you love having their feelings for you change? I have a boyfriend of two years and recently I’ve felt that his love for me has coolled. He used to look at me with eyes full of love but now they’re just heavy. When I said I missed him he would take an hour to come see me, but now we meet once every week, so he must find me annoying. I still love him, but seeing a love through to the end is much more tiring and difficult than I thought. Thinking of this boyfriend that’s getting farther from me, I request Jung Joonil’s “Hug Me”.
W: When you date, you may also break up and meet someone new, but at the point of breaking up saddest person in the world right then, is “me”. Don’t you think so?
M: “Why did this have to happen to me?”
W: But there are people who have been in a relationship for a long time, and when I see those people I wonder how they can stay together for so long… six or seven years…
M: Yes, that’s really cool
S: I think it’s amazing
M: RIght, right
W: Have you… ever been in a long relationship?
M: No, I…
W: Just short ones?
M: Nooo. I don’t have much experience..
W: Ah, okay.
M: I’ve never met someone like this though, for six or seven years
W: I think they become family, at that point
M: But I’ve heard there are pros and cons to that. ??
B: ??
M: ??. You got confused, right? [t/n: I did. Obviously. OTL]
W: These days, though people think that staying together for one or two years IS long.
M: Right, a lot of people think eight months is a long time.
W: Ah.. but it’s usually before 100 days. I guess they don’t want to give a 100 day present, so they break-up before then…
B: Really??
W: Such a thing really exists! Among the people around me…
M: You must have a lot of experience
W: Me? I have no experience
M: But, hyung you like to give presents!
W: Eyy… alright, I got it..


[[Royal Pirates - Hug Me (Jung Joonil)]]


W: Maybe it’s because the theme today is “sad songs”, the mood…
M: There’s quite a difference
W: Yes, it’s a little somber… but it’s also our last day with Moon and Sooyoon
M: Yes, it is…
B: :crying noises:
W: Don’t go~~
M: It’s our last day…
B: :crying noises intensify:
W: If you do that, it sounds too fake! LOL
B: I’m sorry.
M: You killed the mood~
W: We’ve been together since the end of April. (M: Oh, already?) We’ve been doing this ever since then. Thank you for preparing a song that fits the theme of the day, every week. It must not have been easy. You’ve worked hard.
M: No, not at all. It was a new challenge, and we enjoyed it. Learning new songs, and singing them.
W: Please say something to our listeners.
M: It’s been.. how long has it been?
S: About six months
M: It’s been a little over six months since we’ve been able to meet you all through SuKIRa. It was such an honor to be here for so long, we’re very thankful, and we hope we can continue to greet you with an even better appearance. We’ll miss the staff and Ryeowook-hyung. Please call us again. We’d be more than happy to come. Thank you.
W: Aigoo~ Sooyoon, please say something as well.
S: We may have been lacking, but we worked hard to prepare for this, and we had a great time. Thanks for always taking care of us and welcoming us. I think this has been a happy time for all of us. After we release our album, please call us back~
W: You have to come back, definitely.
M: We will definitely come back.


[They start introducing the theme for next week, and methods on how to send things in, as usual. But then here comes Sooyoon: “If you request a song, well, it won’t be us, but someone new- (W: Aww! | M: How sad! | B: What the?! | Sooyoon just laughs | M: This is so sad!) -someone cooller, someone skilled will play it live for you!” M: Hmph! | W: That makes my heart hurt.]
W: Alright, the Royal Pirates- Moon and Sooyoon… when the new album comes out, be sure to come back here with James
M: We will come together!
W: Please do! Thank you for today, and with that… Goodbye!
RP: Bye~
B: :crying noises:


English Translations by SSRP (heymeowmao)
Please take out with credits!