Sunday, October 11, 2015

[Translations] 151011 SuKiRa◢

151011 SuKiRa w/ Royal Pirates (Moon & SY) and Noh Jihoon - “For some reason in Autumn”

W: What makes you really feel like autumn has finally come?
M: I’ve been feeling… a bit lonely lately.
S: I’ve been sleepy, and my mind feels at peace (?)
J: I feel like the cold had pierced very deep in my heart :laughs:
W: Why are- Are you lonely??


W: For two consecutive weeks now, SuKiRa has been crowded with men! Let’s introduce the guests who will bring us an emotional live performance today. Seeing their eyes, they look like they are full of excellence, the two mood-makers, Royal Pirates! (M: Hello, I’m RP’s Moon | S: Hello, I’m Sooyoon) And! The one who’s a romantic guy all autumn has returned, the Autumn Man full of sensitivity, Noh Jihoon! (J: Hello, I’m Noh Jihoon | M: Welcome!)
W: The studio is full of a manly smell.
M: That’s right
W: It’s not bad
M: It is autumn, after all
W: But really, it’s been such a long time since I saw you last, Jihoon!
J: Yes, it’s my first time in three years since I first came to this studio
W: What have you been up to?
J: I’ve been preparing for my album… there are four songs out of five on the most recent album that I have composed. So I’ve been working on songs, exercising, organizing my thoughts… I’ve spent a lot of time.
W: Ah~ You’re so good at exercising…
M: That’s right, I heard you were originally a soccer player
J: I love exercise/sports
W: You also appeared on the ISAC frequently… Have you been on many trips?
J: Yes, I think I did go on… quite a few trips…
W: Where to?
J: Oh, this is a secret from my company…
W: Well, whatever, you can tell
J: Well, like… close places like Japan… Hong Kong… (around) China…
M: Why are your eyes wavering? (J: :sweats nervously:)
W: Ah, you didn’t tell anyone and went?
J: No… (I didn’t) :laughs: They were all for the sake of making my album!
M: To gather up courage!
J: Yes!
W: Of course.. If you do that four songs…
M: (Four songs are) A piece of cake~ One song for Hong Kong, one for Japan…
J: Oh!! That’s exactly it! (M: Right?! :p)
W: Who did you go with?
J: … Frie-
W: Okay, we got it~~ || You came out with the title track “If You Were Me”… let’s have you start by introducing your album.
J: The name of my new album is “Feeling” and my title track is “If You Were Me.” It’s an R&B love song, fitting for the season. It’s an album that can soothe the coldness inside of you.
W: I think you got more handsome!
[Moon makes a comment I didn’t catch]
J: Thank you.
W: I heard that you had to make a presentation for your album in front of your agency reps. What did you say to them?
J: [Says something about the Boss’s attitude: very critical?] So it took me about a year and seven months to make this album. He always wanted to see the songs, and told me to cut down on things. When I showed him what I had done, I guess it didn’t make much of an impression, so I thought that I had to strip away the concepts and images I was trying to work with, and show him something raw - focusing on the music. So I worked endlessly on the songs.
W: Then, did you succeed?
J: I did, and the songs on this album are the result of that work.
W: That’s amazing.


W: The theme for this week is “For some reason in Autumn”… even in the opening statement, you all said that you were lonely…
M: That’s right, we all did.
W: What is it that you have to do in the fall?
M: You have to start a relationship… but since we can’t we’re all lonely.
W: Ah… dating… What about you, Jihoon?
J: I… :laughs: taking care of one’s health? I think it’s the prime weather for people to catch a cold.
M: So that means dating, for you… (is already taken care of?)
:LOL:
M: Just kidding
W: Well, you have to be healthy to start a relationship~
M: Yes, that’s true. Health is the priority.


[Noh Jihoon - If You Were Me]
W: Your voice is so nice~ We listened well.
J: Thank you
W: That was Roh Jihoon’s “If You Were Me” live… it was good
J: The song is good, right?
M: It’s like Korean and American music mixed together
J: Personally I really like this song
W: It fits very well with the season
J: Since it’s cold I think the lyrics, since they are very sweet, they can soothe some of that cold away
W: There’s that “ha~~” in the middle of the song
M: Is that in the song on purpose?
J: It started off as an adlib, but while recording, it stuck
M: I was really focused on that point. Ha~ Ha~
W: Why do we like those kinds of things? XD


M: [Listener’s Note] For some reason in Autumn, I feel like I should walk by myself when listening to sad songs. In autumn, whether in the morning or at night, the wind blows and it’s chilly. So as I walked by myslef in the park, listening to the sad songs, I felt like I was the lead in some sort of MV, and almost cried. I’m not usually like this but in the fall… it’s easy to get lost in this emotion.
W: Ah… It’s fall’s fault
M: I think it is. When it’s autumn, it’s easy to get senstitive. The songs are also well written. You start thinking about past girlfriends, those types of things.
W: There are those songs that really make you nostalgic. Recently I’ve been listening to Lee Sunhee’s music. She really has so many good songs.
J: I’ve also been listening to her songs a lot lately
W: I love “Meet Him Among Them”
S: The MV is also really nice
W: Oh, you watch the MV, too?
S: Yes.
M: He’s a fan, Sooyoon.
W: Oh, really? | There are quite a few songs like that out now. Kyuhyun’s is coming, too. You should listen to his track a lot.
M: When is it coming out?
W: I know, but I can’t say…
M: Is the theme similar?
W: Oh? I think the name/theme is out already though?
M: Oh, really?
W: Ah, I’m getting sad. He’ll say I’ve been leaking spoilers everywhere… ㅠㅠ


J: [Listener’s Note] As soon as I got into college, I met an oppa I really came to like. I don’t know what it was about him, but I really liked him. I wanted to see him everyday, but didn’t have as many chances to see him as I thought I would. I’m on the quiet and shy side, but I thought I should show him I was interested. Ha~ After looking on his SNS, I couldn’t do it. It showed that he was in a relationship, starting two days ago. At that moment I teared up and my heart hurt, and I realized I must really have liked him a lot. It’s my first time experiencing this with my first love, what should I do? I’ve liked him for more than half a year… is it because it’s autumn that I feel even lonelier?
W: Jihoon, are you lonely as well?
J: I feel lonely a lot, but I tend to enjoy it.
W: You enjoy it?
J: My blood type is AB, so the mood swings are very severe. In the fall, I tend to enjoy it. The loneliness. It’s fun.
W: You and I don’t really match well. LOL. But even though you enjoy it, you would still feel lonely…
J: When I just can’t help but feel lonely, I go down into the basement…
W: On purpose?
J: On purpose, so that I’m even more alone
W: You don’t even date…
J: No..
M: Your voice wavered a but~
W: Do you cry easily?
J: I don’t cry.
M: How about when you watch documentaries or…
J: Ah! Actually, I cry a lot more than I did last year though, like when watching a movie or listening to a song… I cry sometimes
M: I think you tend to cry more easily when you get older.

W: How about you, Sooyoon?
S: I’m not particularly lonely or anything… sometimes when I watch a movie or a drama, I do start to tear up…
M: I think Sooyoon is a little on the sensitive side though… As for me, I don’t really cry. Rather than with dramas or movies, if I watch a sad documentary there will be tears. Since those are real. :laughs:
[They discuss the technicalities of movies vs documentaries and how they make people sad]
W: There’s a new person here, who came to play the keyboard. Please introduce yourself.
AoE: Hello, I’m Kim Jisun.
W: Please take care of us today~
JS: I will do my best.


[RP - I Don’t Love You]
W: [to Jihoon] How did you like it?
J: I… wow… WOW. I can’t really find the words to describe it… It felt like I was sitting in a cafe listening to this live.
W: I thought I was in a pub.


S: [Listener’s Note] When I was in school the season with the most events was Autumn. Fall picnics, Fall sports, Fall festivals, etc. It was a great time to spend with friends. Something I remember the most was that we went to an amusement park, and I wanted to impress a girl in my class, so I went on the roller coaster, but came off of it with tears and snot. When the sports came around, I wanted to get first place, but with one misstep I came in last. Now that it’s fall, I started thinking of those times again. I miss my school days.
W: Yes, there are a lot of events. Have you been to many recently?
M: Recently we’ve been preparing for our album (so we haven’t gone to any), but we did attend a few during summer.
W: Jihoon, do you have any lasting memories, or memories from your school days? You’re skilled and like soccer…
J: In the fall… I do have a lot of memories… as a singer and as a soccer player. I think I have more regarding sports. When I was in school, In the fall at our sports meetups, we tended to improve a lot more. Even after I debuted as a singer, in the fall there’s Chuseok, and when there’s Chuseok there’s the ISAC… So there seems to be some relation.
W: Were you born in Autumn?
J: That’s not it, I was born in the summer. :)

W: This person has a fear of heights but he still went on the roller coaster. At picnics there are these amusement parks… did you go to very many in America?
M: The parks in America are no joke. There are the fastest in the world, some of the tallest, etc. When I first went I couldn’t ride the roller coaster. You sit there clenching your eyes and fists, and it’s so scary and then it’s over. The next time I rode one I screamed. You see it on tv, where the people are screaming all the way-
J: It’s fun!
M: Your throat ends up hurting but it does turn out to be fun.
W: [to Jihoon] Can you ride them?
J: I also have a little fear of heights. But you can really overcome that fear by screaming. If you scream, then it’s fun.
M: [Listener’s Note] My dream is to walk down the street in a trench coat, with my scarf blowing in the wind. However, since I haven’t lost any weight, the trench coat I bought a few years ago is only a dream. Even so, I went to a park but I didn’t know how slippery the ground would be. I dressed up so prettily but as soon I set my foot down, one went flying in front of the other, my back twitched and the image was ruined. Not only that, but I stepped in ??. [t/n: IDK, something really gross] I was the subject of many stares when I got on the bus. I wanted to be romantic for the fall but it’s not as easy as it seems.
W: If you step in ?? the smell is really nothing to joke about. People will know if you have stepped in it. The smell won’t go away.
M: Men are especially sensitive to the smell.
W: Oh~ [The smell is] So annoying!

W: Fall is the time for trench coats, scarves, various fashion items. If you say “fashion” doesn’t Jihoon come to mind?
J: Ah. I- is that so? LOL Starting from today…
W: What do you think is a must-need item for the season?
[t/n: A what?? I don’t know what he said. .___.]
W: What else is there?
M: For Fall and Winter, isn’t the way clothes are worn important? Especially in the fall…
W: You can cover up the body…
M: You can go out just wearing a nice coat
[They have a chat about clothes]


W: Sooyoon, have you been dieting?
S: I haven’t been dieting per se, but I have been changing what I eat
W: Really?
S: Yes, for my health
W: I heard Jihoon lost 7kg?
J: Yes, to be precise, I lost 8kg.
W: How?
J: For a month and a half I did something special.
W: Exercise?
J: There’s a unique diet method… thinking about it it’s not very difficult.
W: Oh, please tell us!
J: If you want to lose weight in a certain amount of time, it would be good for those people to listen. I had one meal a day. Steamed rice with one can of chicken breast. Sometimes I had kimchi to go with it. That, along with one or two boiled eggs.. is enough to keep you full for the day.
W: You just eat like that?
J: Yes, one meal a day.
W: But it doesn’t taste good. :(
J: It’s good enough.
W: Is it?
J: At first you think, “Will this work as a diet?’
W: Then of course you would lose weight, but you didn’t eat anything else?
J: I did eat fruits, but nothing should be eaten five hours before sleeping.
W: It really isn’t unique at all
J: Not at all. It’s very easy, so you see the effects of the diet very largely. Instead of exercising, one meal a day does the trick.
[Jihoon talks about helping his sister through this process once, too. Then they start discussing things they no longer eat for the sake of not gaining weight.]
[Jihoon - Don’t Go Today]
W: You sing so well. This song fits fall very nicely.
M: You sang very well, like the original singer
J: I went off tune once…
M: Ah, that didn’t seem like a pitch problem, but more like it was intentional..
J: Thank you
W: Don’t Go Today…. Don’t worry, I won’t be going anywhere, Jihoon
M: More like, now we cant leave
[They talk about Jihoon’s singing style some more]


J: [Listener’s Note] Around this time I start to think of that man. It’s not because I miss him, though. For two years we fought, broke up, got back together, fought and broke up, got back together… I really got tired of fighting. He asked me if I would marry him, but I thought it would be really unfortunate for me if I did, so I rejected him. After that, the calls and text messages I received from him were extremely different. When fall comes I start to wonder how different my life would be if I had married him. Even so, I think it was best for me to break up. If I had not broken up with him then, I wouldn’t have met my current husband. I think not marrying him was the greatest choice of my life.
M: What does that make this person?
J: That was pretty unexpected
W: What do you think? Is there still someone you think about now?

M: N…No.
LOL
W: Well, you’re not at the age to get married yet, but how about an ideal type? Do you have one? Not to date, but someone to marry.
M: I hope that they’re beautiful.
W: Mmm.. that’s very honest
M: Her heart, that is.
W: How about you, Jihoon?
J: Someone warm? Someone who will take my side, like a “Yes Girl”? You know how there are “Yes Men”… I think living with a person like that would be really convenient
M: Oh~ So you’re a bad boy~~ Are you the type to order people around?
J: No, no. But I would like someone that’s easy to be around
W: I think you’ll be able to communicate easily with a person like that
M: For me, personally I don’t really like cleaning… so I hope that the person I marry likes cleaning
S: You like cleaning though…
W: Wow, you’re bad! What’s wrong with men these days? Someone who will say “yes” to me, someone who cleans for me… There are two women here in the studio..
M: What do you think about men like this? They’re shaking their heads. They must be speechless.
W: They all felt it
M: Yes, I’m sorry


S: [Listener’s Note] For Autumn it has to be books. You’ve heard of that saying right? Autumn is the perfect time to read. I have a goal to read a certain number of books each year in the fall. Of course, sometimes it is hard for me to stick to it, but recently I went to the library and got lost in the stacks. I like having a book in hand and having the world turn dark around me. Tasty foods are good too, but I think the fall is a great time to expand the mind.
M: Oh~ She likes books
J: What great words. Expanding the che- expanding the mind.
[Studio bursts into laughter b/c:: “ma-eum” literally means “heart” but is usually translated as “mind”; “ga-seum” literally means “chest/breasts” but can also be translated as “heart”; Jihoon almost said “expanding the chest” (expanding the breasts) so that’s why they laughed]
W: Moon, do you like expanding your chest (ga-seum)?
M: Yes, I like expanding my mind (ma-eum). I really enjoy reading.
W: Do you read a lot?
M: A lot
W: Do you like reading Jihoon?
J: I think I tend to read a lot. I like reading emotional books. May I recommend one? It’s called ”That Man, That Woman”. I think it really fits with the fall mood.
W: How about you, Sooyoon?
S: I… actually like children’s books, like fairy-tails. When I read them it feels like I’m making up for lost time
M: It feels like you’re becoming innocent/pure
S: Yeah, so I really like them.


[RP - The Blower’s Daughter]
W: How nice~
J: Wow, no way! You turned on the CD for this, right?
M: Oh, no~ Thank you~
J: The best!
W: I get surprised… as soon as I hear Moon’s live…
J: This is all live??
W: Mmm~
J: No way! This is ridiculous!
M: Thank you.
W: Ah. It was so nice. Royal Pirates’ song. Let’s hear it again in native pronunciation.


W: That was C.3.O with Royal Pirates and Noh Jihoon. How did you like it?
J: It was really fun and I feel like my ears have been purified.
M: We also had a great time hearing you today
W: Yes! Jihoon sings so well! Please come out some more!
J: Yes, please call me!


Translations by SSRP (heymeowmao). Please take out with credits~