Sunday, August 9, 2015

[Translations] 150809 SuKiRa ◢

150809 SuKiRa w/ DJ Wook, Royal Pirates, Park Boram, and Yoo Seungwoo
“The Summer of that Year”

RW: Summer! That season between Spring and Fall when the days are long and the weather is hot! How do you beat the heat?
M: I eat Patbingsoo~
SY: I eat a refreshing Naengmyeon.
B: I turn on the air conditioning!
SW: I play~
RW: Oh~ You sweat even more…


[RW asks Boram about what she did last weekend, since she wasn’t on SuKiRa, and she replied that she had some events to go to. He then said she must not go out very much, since her answer to the previous question (about beating the heat) was “turn on the air conditioning.” She says that yes, she’s a homebody, and doesn’t go out much. However, she would like to go to the beach. Moon makes an offhand comment about having the beach come to you instead.]


RW: What have you been doing, RP?
M: We’ve just been practicing… we haven’t gone anywhere to play this summer… YET
SW: You should go out and play…
RW: And James? Is he in a better condition now?
M: Yes, he’s gotten a lot better. So, today and yesterday he’s come in to work. His wrist still hasn’t healed fully quite yet, but overall he’s doing a lot better.
RW: Can he just come out on SuKiRa?
M: Right. I asked him that, too. “Do you want to come with us today?” But he said that his mind wasn’t prepared yet. But he told me that I must definitely relay to you that he misses you. He was really adamant about that.
RW: I’ll have to contact him…


[RW says that SW is also a fixed SuKiRa guest, but it’s been a while since he’s been on the show. Seungwoo says that it’s been comfortable. LOL. Seungwoo explains his new album and song. Seungwoo sings his new song “You’re Beautiful.”]
M: Oh~ It’s nice. It’s kind of bright and yet sad at the same time.
SW: Oh, really? The guide had a sort of “you’re really pretty, but you’re not mine” feel to it. So I always thought about and sang with that feeling.
M: I feel like the girls will really like this song.
RW: I can really understand that.


B: [Listener’s Note - The sender went on vacation to the beach with her friend, and it was supposed to be for one night and two days. They got to the location and pitched a tent, but the sky suddenly turned dark and the rain came pouring. There was a typhoon, and they ended up stuck there for four nights and five days. Since it was a short trip initially, they soon ran out of food and money, and called home with an SOS. With the money they received, they bought ramyun and ate that for the rest of their stay. Finally, on the day they could leave for home, the sky was clear and bright. If it weren’t for the typhoon the OP and her friend could have had a nice trip, but now all they’re left with is regret, but they are glad they are safe.]
SW: That’s happened to me before! My friend and I were going to Jeju, and it started raining like crazy. So all that ended up happening was we looked at the sea and went, “Wow, the sea.”
B: I went to a rock festival once, and strangely enough it only rained on the day of the festival. The next day it was bright and sunny.
RW: Isn’t it better for it to be raining during a rock festival?
B: But my shoes… I wore these white shoes I really liked, and by the end of it they were brown. Everyone else wore boots. Rain boots.
RW: Well, it’s nice if it comes down, but to a certain extent. If it’s coming down too hard… (that sucks)
SW: We were like that, too. Only eating ramyun. (Back to the listener’s note)


RW: If you had two nights and three days, where would you go?
SW: For me, Boracay?
RW: You dream big… When I was twenty I couldn’t even have imagined going to Boracay…
SW: I can dream. Even if I can’t go…
RW: How about you Moon?
M: For two nights and three days, maybe Busan? Busan or Japan… Haeundae.
RW: You want to go where now? :suggestive:
M: Go to see the sea, sit under a parasol, drink some cola…


[RP - What Makes You Beautiful]
RW: Oh, how refreshing~
SW: When you sing like that, hyung.. I think thousands of girls would really like it. (Repaying the compliment Moon gave him earlier)


SW: [Listener’s Note - The OP basically had summer vacation homework, but didn’t do any of it. A week before school was set to start again, he complained about it to his whole family, and they ended up helping him finish his work. The “funny thing” is that when he brought in the finished product, he ended up winning an award. (?)]
[They talk about the various assignments they had to do in elementary school. And then poke fun at the generation gap between Wook and Seungwoo.]
M: I’ve had an experience almost exactly like this. Both my parents are artists. So their skills are very high.
SW: Wow, this it would have been a scam, a scam. [XD]
RW: But Moon, shouldn’t your skills be very good as well? Since you were watching them?
M: I can draw well to some extent, but my parents are practically experts. I was really behind on one of my assignments so I asked them to help, but no matter how you looked at the finished product, it wasn’t believable that it was something that I had drawn. Well, I couldn’t do anything about it then (or else he would have failed that assignment) so I just turned it in. There was this other assignment to make something, and my parents helped me… my teacher liked it so much they put it up on display. I think it’s still there.. Should I even had said this? I’m sorry. [A guilty man confesses to his crime.. Haha]


[Boram - In the Summer]


SY: [Listener’s Note - OP wore her first ever bikini this summer. She was very shy about it, but held back her embarrassment, and decided to go to a waterpark with her friends. When she changed and came out, her friends pointed out that she had put on the bottoms wrong. Mortified but thankful, she fixed the problem and was able to enjoy the park.]

RW: If we’re talking about bikinis, then it’s reasonable fr a lot of people to be trying to diet.
M: Yes, that’s a lot of peoples’ goal… (to get thin enough to wear a bikini)

RW: Do you like waterparks?
M: I’ve never been before
SY: Really?
M: Yeah. I’ve never been.
SY: I think I’ve been maybe once or twice…
RW: I think I’ve gone once, when I was little.
SW: Me too.
RW: But as an adult, I haven’t been able to go.
[Boram asks a question about men’s swimwear [t/n: I didn’t really get it :|, but apparently it was funny?]]
M: There’s not really much of a difference between women’s swimwear and underwear is there?
RW: It’s a difference of material, isn’t it? Though the shape might be similar…
M: I saw on the internet… If someone goes out wearing their underwear, people would comment, but if they go out wearing a bikini, no one cares. It’s interesting.
SW: You saw this on the internet? [Causes an uproar]
RW: But the place is the most important factor..

RW: Boram, have you tried wearing a bikini?
B: Me? It hasn’t been long since I’ve had this body (a fit one), and it’s not perfect yet either…
RW: Will you try it out someday?
B: No. It’s just not my personality. I don’t really like them.


RW: RP’s prepared another song for us…
M: Yes, It’s “Why Did You Come Now”
B: We were just talking about bikinis and then with the song title, it becomes a little strange…
M: “Summer, Why Did You Come Now”
RW: Ah, summer. Not bikinis?
M: No, no. I’m not that kind of person.
[RP - Why Did you Come Now]


SW: [Listener’s Note - OP went on her first trip by herself. She couldn’t believe that she actually fulfilled her dream of traveling and having this healing experience on her own. She looked up some good places to eat, and found that it was an hour plus of waiting before she would be seated. From behind, someone honked their horn and invited her to sit in the care. It was a woman five years older than OP, and they ended up having a meal and a drink together. OP also got together with people from the hotel for beer and chicken. Though it was her first trip alone, she made a lot of good friends and memories.]
RW: Oh, it was a woman…
SW: I thought it was a man, too! When I read that there was a honking behind her, I gasped and thought “WOW” but it was an unnie…
B: “Nice” you said. “Nice”
RW: Who?
B: You did!
RW: Oh, I did?
M: So that’s why you said “Nice~”


RW: I can understand a little better now, knowing that it was also a woman in the car, but if it were a man…
SW: That would have been some sort of fateful meeting…
M: It was a woman waiting in her car…
RW: Would you have gotten in?
B: If it were a man, I think it would be harder for a women to accept getting into the vehicle…
RW: You think so?
B: Of course!
RW: I don’t think it would have been too bad… It’s be a good first impression. Anyone looking on would think he was just polite and kind… [They carry on with carying situations, until Boram can’t handle the creepiness and tells them to stop. LOL (M: I wouldn’t get in the car.)]


RW: Have you ever been traveling alone, Sooyoon?
SY: Alone… I’ve never traveled very far. I’ve always been with friends…
RW: How about you, Moon?
M: For me… Garosu-gil?
SY: LOL. On a solo trip to Garosu-gil…
M: I’ve never gone on a trip alone before. It was always with family or friends.
RW: If you go alone, a lot of things could happen…
[RW talks about how a friend of his went to Italy. The Italian people are very welcoming and friendly. Boram must be making some kind of face, bc RW points her out. She says that the next time she has some time off.. she’ll go to Italy. M: Italian men are very cool.]


[SW - The Blue Night of Jeju Island]


Translations by SSRP (heymeowmao). Please take out with credits~