Sunday, July 26, 2015

[Translations] 150726 SuKiRa ◢

Moon’s motto: Live and let go.
Sooyoon’s sexy singing voice & Moon’s questionable habit while singing
Listener’s Notes ft. Moonsanova Bot, Sooyoon the Groom, and Overbearing Boyfriends


150726 SuKiRa w/ DJ Wook, Royal Pirates, Park Boram

W: Who’s the person you’ve been in contact with the most lately?
M: My grandmother?
W: Oh, your grandmother? Is that a lie?
M: Let’s just say it’s my grandmother.
W: Alright, Sooyoon?
S: Kwon Soonkyu.
W: Okay, it seems like it could be a woman… How about you Boram?
B: Can I say… Seo Jungtae? It’s my manager-oppa ^^


W: Finally, the C.3.O corner has been perfected!
M: It’s been a long time.
W: I heard that the three of you also met when Leeteuk was the special DJ. [150524]
M: Yes. We’ve seen each other once before.
W: I heard that things were heating up in the studio that day…
M: What are you saying~~
W: Was it not?
M: No, it was really gloomy that day.


W: There was a dinner party recently, and Park Boram came, though she left soon after. But the Royal Pirates didn’t even come.
S: We didn’t hear about it.
M: How is it that we weren’t even notified of it??
W: Hold on a second, [to the writers] did you not contact them?
M: How could you do this to us?
W: You did (contact them)?! Oh, I guess it was your manager’s fault. Right there, the blonde. Manager-nim. Yes, yes. His face turned red.
M: Oh, really?


W: I heard you got close to a lot of the other guests, Boram.
B: Yes, I’ve gotten closer to some.
W: Who? You don’t remember, do you?
B:… Oh, no! What do I do? [She doesn’t remember LOL]
M: Oh, you don’t remember their name? Even though you got closer?
B: No..
M: No, that happens.
[Starts discussing who guested on the show]
S: It’s possible she doesn’t even remember us. Royal Who?
[Wook brings up how Boram hangs out with Juniel a lot. Moon asks if they go out drinking and she clarifies that they go out to eat. Wook talks about the need to diet a little, and Boram says that yes, she’s been eating a lot of eggs. Moon says that even though you may eat a salad, you slather it in dressing to make up for what you’re not eating. XD Wook brings up Boram’s duet with Eric Nam, asks her to explain the song a little, and then to sing it. Boram gets flustered, saying that if he just requests it so suddenly like that, she can’t remember the lyrics, and to ask her to sing it later. :P]


W: Royal Pirates’ Moon and Sooyoon. But one person’s missing.
M: Yeah…
W: One very good-looking person…
S: You can really feel the emptiness of this spot.
W: Where is James?
M: Right now… he’s in the hospital.
W: Did he get hurt?
M: Yes, he’s hurt his arm, and so we’ve been inactive for about two months.
W: Is he better now?
M: Well yes, he’s still hurt but since he’s an extremely healthy individual, he is also quickly recovering.
W: What good are muscles… [t/n: LOL WOOK. I’ve seen your abs.]
M: Really, though. I guess they’re just asking to get hurt.
W: The staff here, and I’m sure many of RP’s fans have been worried. James might be listening in right now, so I wish to see you quickly recovered and back here with us soon.
M: We’re really thankful for all the people who contacted us (with their well-wishes)
W: I called, too. I was really worried.
M: Yes, We’re very sorry for making you worry.
W: But since you’re here, and I’m seeing the two of you.. it’s nice to see you.
S/M: Thank you.
W: I missed you.
M: We missed you too~~


W: The theme of today’s corner is “Contact.” I’m not the type to contact people very often but how about you?
B: I contact people often.
W: Through texts or messages?
B: Yes. I like calls more than texts.
W: You like calling?
B: Yes
W: People normally would prefer texting…
B: But there are a lot of messages that go unread.
W: So that’s why you didn’t read mine…
B: ?!!?
W: So that’s why you like calls rather than texts. That’s bold. How about you, Sooyoon?
S: I… don’t really contact people very often. I’m usually just at home, and I don’t care about my phone. But I’m the type of person who talks to you only after you’ve contacted me first.
W: There are people like that. People like that need to be contacted first, and since the people around them don’t really know this, they stand by and wonder if you’re angry at them or something. But I’m like that too. You have to contact me first. When I receive a message I’m really glad for it. I’m thankful.
M: Right.
W: What’s so “right” about it?
M: No, I totally agree with you. I also don’t really keep in contact with people. I get to know them quickly and we become close. If we see each other, I’ll be happy all the same but in the end only a few messages are sent. The last message I’ve gotten might have been from last Christmas. That’s shows you how much I don’t contact people. I live by forgetting. (I live and let go)
W: No, there are friends like that. At first they say “Let’s go out to eat” and then about two years later, “let’s eat!” If you don’t erase the messages, that’s all that’s left. You should meet them once in a while.


RP - Call Me Maybe


W: Sooyoon! You’re not playing the drums today…
S: No… If James were here we would do a full band, but today I joined the vocal line…
W: Then, why are you sitting back there?
S: The next song…
W: Ah, you’re going to need the drums for the next song. You’ve been sitting there, but I was surpised when you started to sing! You have a very charming voice!
M: Yes, he’s very good at singing!
S: No, not at all.
W: I’ve heard it before at your concert, but have you ever sung here? I don’t think so?
M: He hasn’t sung here.
W: Right? I don’t think he has.
M: No, but he sang a little that time for “Yeosu Night Sea” (Busker Busker) [150412] … Or not?
S: Wasn’t that you?
M: No, he did sing during “Yeosu Night Sea”
W: That last time. The chorus. But anyway, your nasal is really sexy. What did you think, Boram?
B: I thought it was really cool. [She stutters over the word, and Moon pokes fun at her] It’s a voice that can really melt women. It was very good.
S: Thank you.
W: I thought you (Moon) were kissing the mic!
M: Me? I was thinking I had to cover it (with his mouth)
W: But I mean, the mic isn’t very clean…
M: There’s that feeling of putting yourself at ease the closer you get, you know?
W: Oh, really?
M: There’s something like that.
W: But why are you turning you neck like that?
M: It’s just something I do, when I’m trying hard!
W: Your neck kept turning, it was shocking.


B: [Listener’s Note] I was introduced to someone through a friend I met a few years ago.. The blind date wasn’t too awful, and he was pretty okay. The day after, I received a text message. “Did you sleep well? Have a good day!” Well, I didn’t hate the guy, but I didn’t like him either. I didn’t have any particular thought about him. But you need to meet a person at least twice to get to know them, so after some consideration I sent a text back, “I did. How about you?” But two hours, and even a day later, there was still no reply. I thought he was just busy, so I overlooked it. But the next day, “Did you sleep well? Have a good day!” It was the same text as I received the first day. I got it again the next day, and the day after that. “Did you sleep well? Have a good day!” Since it was the same message I thought maybe he was playing around with me. As soon as I received the message I sent one back, but I resolved to not reply anymore! The messages from that machine man stopped coming too. Now that I think about it, it was a little odd, and I wonder if he was teasing me or if he just thought I was easy.
W: He seems like a strange man…
M: Could it be like a general mass text? Something to send to everyone at this particular time? No?
W: It’s not like he was a bot! It would have been nice to change it up a bit…
B: I heard this somewhere… if a guy isn’t interested he won’t text back. Is that true?
M: He can just have a bot do it. LOL But this is…
W: Wouldn’t he reply? If he were interested?
M: If he were interested… he wouldn’t use this method, and make an effort to try to keep the conversation going, wouldn’t he? This seems like a safety net. Like, he’s sending this same message to many girls to keep up appearances.
B: It sounds like you’re experienced in using this method…
M: No, no. My friend…
W: With things like KaTalk, it tells you whether the other party has read your message or not. So you can make sure. There are people like Boram, who don’t even read the messages… [Ryeowook talks about how even his members don’t read the messages. So there are a lot of notifications but he’s the type to read something once it comes in. When he asked them why they didn’t read it, they say that they were going to read them later. He then starts laughing b/c “Why did I bring this up?”]
M: I’m like that too. I look at messages right then. If I don’t reply right away, I’ll forget and it’ll already be a week later. When I’m in the middle of doing something I don’t get to reply, and then when I remember it’s already too late.
S: I don’t think you’d to that to someone you were interested in though, would you?
M: I… would still be the same.
[They conclude that this method (machine method) is not the way to go.]


Park Boram - Letter


M: [Listener’s Note; the OP’s name has been replaced with Moon’s for the radio] One day out of the blue I received a call from an unknown. I thought about whether I should pick up or not and when I did, I found it was a friend from high school. Truthfully, when we were in school together, I hadn’t said more than one or two words to this person, we weren’t all that close. But when I picked up the phone, he acted as if we were the closest of friends. “Chul-ah, have you been well? It’s been a while!” I was confused by the sudden call, but decided to reply, in case this friend would become embarrassed. However. I shouldn’t have started a conversation. As we continued to talk, I could figure out their true intentions. “Hey, you know.. I’m getting married in October. You’ll come to the ceremony right?” (*It’s customary to give the newly wedded money) At that moment I thought to myself, “Ah, so this is why he called” and said to him “I’m busy right now, but I’ll call you later” and hung up. But even after this, he kept asking, “Moonchul-ah, You’ll come to my wedding right? Right? Moonchul-ah. I’ll believe that you will definitely come.” I mean, normally you would invite good friends and family to a wedding. We weren’t even that close, and it’d been at least fifteen years since we last had contact and he suddenly calls me up to come to his wedding. I couldn’t understand his gall. If I went to his wedding, he would probably invite me to his kid’s first birthday party, and expect me to bring a gift. It’s right of me to not attend this wedding, isn’t it? Right? I’m not over the line here am I?
W: There are times when someone calls you up out of the blue for a favor. We’re not yet at the age where it happens often to us, though. But what would the three of you do in this situation?
B: I wouldn’t go. They weren’t even close in high school, nor did they talk, so…
W: Right. But even if they were close, it’s been fifteen years since they were last in contact.
B: If they were close? Like, really close friends?
W: Yes, but it’s been fifteen years.
M: They ended it on a bad note. Like, they ended on a bad note, tried to make up in the middle, but lost contact, and then suddenly calls out of the blue.
W: [acting it out] I’m getting married, would you sing the wedding song for me, Boram?
B: The wedding song?
W: Yeah!
B: I can’t.

W: I receive a lot of calls like that, though. They come and go. At first I pick up, but later I start letting the calls go. I act as if, due to work, we’re losing contact. There’s no way around it. I’m a human too but I can’t condone this.
M: I’ll greet them warmly at first, and say that I’d go but then after thinking about it more not go. Still though, I’b be glad to see them at first. Since they’re old friends…

M: There’s an American movie, this man is getting married but he doesn’t have a best man, so he pays for one to come…
S: I think there are people who go to weddings as part-time jobs..
M: I think these people exist! People who have no friends… How embarrassing would that be? Having no friends at your wedding…



S: [Listener’s Note] I got a boyfriend not too long ago. Since we were both students, and our parents didn’t know about the relationship, we were very careful around each other. But I guess my boyfriend didn’t put too much thought into it. “What are you doing? I miss you. You want to meet tomorrow?” Without taking a break he would always text me, call me, and send messages on SNS. Wherever or whenever he sent me a message, he would expect me to answer within the minute. Once I was in the library and replied late, he replied back, “What’s going on? What are you doing? Reply~” He kept sending me texts asking what I was doing. I liked having a boyfriend, but if was going to be like this, I was really burdened. We were both students and needed to study, but he kept contacting me like this, so I was at a loss.
W: We get a lot of stories like this. Do you think lots of contact is better, or less contact is better, Boram? The messages never stop..
B: I wouldn’t like that…
W: “I’m getting in the elevator now” “I got off now” | M: “I’ve walked two steps”
B: I think there’s a limit to everything
W: But there are people who are very ambitious.
M: Right. People who read it as soon as they see it.
W: People who answer as soon as a call comes in.
M: There are people who walk around without even taking their eyes off their phones.
[Wook talks about how the managers are like that, and how the writers of the radio show are like that too. If he has a request, he texts it in the chatroom and one writer in particular always jumps to the task first. M: She must be lonely. LOL]
W: What do you think about this story, Sooyoon?
S: If I were being sent messages like this, everyday, I’d feel a little uncomfortable.
W: While talking?
S: Yes…
W: “That’s enough”
S: If you say it so directly, I think the other party can become depressed so it would be more like, “I’m busy right now, I’ll call you later” or “I’ll talk to you later”…
W: “No, no, no!”

B: This guy must really like her.
M: He could like her, but I think this is a matter of personal assurance. Like, if there isn’t any contact, you may come to think that the other person doesn’t like you.
W: Have you experienced this? Someone who was obsessive like this?
M: For me, I’m busy so sometimes I can’t answer. But there was a person who would send me messages like, “What’s up? What are you doing? Why aren’t you answering?” The charm starts to fade away. You start to wonder why you even started dating in the first place. You start to think that it’d be nice if they would just leave you alone, but since I’ve been alone for a while already-
W: Was she older?
M: How did you know?


RP - Calling You


W: We just listened to RP’s Calling You. It was very nice… and so was Sooyoon’s…
M: Power drumming
W: Power drummer.
S: I brought you earplugs…
W: You did, but I was sitting right here. I put it in on one side and… it was nice.
M: Now you won’t hear the residual crashing when you go home


B: [Listener’s Note] People use their phones to talk to people and text messages their lovers, but mine is just a clock. Other people’s phones might never stop ringing, but mine only rings when I have a delivery. AH, my phone is so quiet. Even without a cell phone, I can live comfortably for the rest of my life.
W: There are people who use it as a clock
M: I’m like that too, sometimes.

W: But you see it all the time, if you go to the music room or to a cafe, while people are waiting they’re always on their phones
M: You see people using them on the subway too, it’s the same wherever you go.
W: There are people who take a lot of calls, or use it to look things up, or play games. There are many uses. Even if you don’t use it to make calls, there are plenty of other uses. What do you do with your phone?
B: I use the search and play games.
W: Do you search your own name?
B: No. Just various articles
W: Like the news
M: Current events!
B: I do look at current events… also the entertainment section…
M: You look up articles about yourself…
W: How about you Moon?
M: I look at the news a lot… and use KTalk most often. I go to the cafe too. (fancafe?)
W: Sooyoon?
S: I play a lot of games, when I’m bored. I also waste a lot of money.
M: Those games where you give money and can gain an item or whatnot… There’s no way around it! You need that item to win the game!
W: Ah, so you play a lot of games. My manager was staring at his phone very intensely, so I thought some problem must have come up, but he was playing a game.
M: There are people who overreact though. For example, they’d curse if they lost in a game or something.
W: You’d think they were fighting with their girlfriend…
[Wook talks about contacting someone after a long time, and being afraid to do so because either he was busy or you think the other person is busy and doesn’t want to talk to you. But he send someone a message and they were glad to have received it. He says he kept staring at the conversation. Then Wook told Moon to contact him, and Moon said that this situation needed to be fixed, and that he would.]


M: [Listener’s Note] My boss, unlike other older people uses his phone very well. If something comes up on the weekends, he often contacts me. But I really like going to the sauna on the weekends. I can spend three to four hours there, but after I left I noticed I had missed a call from my boss. It had already been a few hours so I wondered whether I should call back or not. Just in case, I cautiously called him back. “Hello, Sir, did you call?” “Hm?” “I got a call from you. I’m sorry I didn’t answer.” “What are you talking about? I didn’t call you. I guess i pressed the wrong button.” HEOL. I was so relieved. But seeing things like a missed call from your boss really gives you stress.
W: That happens. Sometimes I pick up the phone and all that’s on the other line is the sound of laughter.
M: My mother does that a lot. I pick up the phone and all I hear is static, and I’m yelling “Mom! Where are you?!” People call it butt-dialing.
W: On your days off, does your manager call you often?
B: My manager doesn’t call. If it’s a day off, he doesn’t call.
M: How nice. I think ours is like that, too. Once it’s Friday, our co-workers tell us not to call them. Personally, I think it’s fine to just say “Please don’t call me on Sunday, and leave.”
W: I’m the opposite. It’s really annoying for us. (SuJu) We can all have nothing planned, but there’s always that one member. It’s hard for the managers, too because it’s his own day off but if something comes up there’s nothing he can do. You start to wonder at what point is it okay to ignore messages from the managers. I thought about it and I think it’s better to just answer the phone. Not answering would be really frustrating.
M: If something big came up, there’s no way you can ignore the call.
W: Once, “Ryeowook-ssi, I’m taking a day off now.” and I replied, “Okay, Manager-nim.”
M: Does that happen?
W: It does. He ended up quitting. So it was like, “Go rest. Rest as much as you need now.” It just happens like that. Since they’re managers, its better for them to be by your side. I feel sorry to them, but things need to be taken care of.
M: They don’t really contact us on the weekends. They tell us to rest.
W: Purposely? That’s nice.
M: Well, it’s not like we have anywhere in particular to go…


Translations by SSRP (heymeowmao)
Please take out with credit~ ;A;