Sunday, May 24, 2015

[Translations] 150524 SuKiRa ◢


Three Sides to Every Story: In Front of the Stage, On Stage, Backstage | Festival-Induced Heart Palpitations ; 150524 SuKiRa w/ DJ Teuk, Royal Pirates, Park Boram


T: The season of festivals, May. Each year this month is filled with various festivals. Each festivals also each have their own slogans. Youth. Happiness. Fun. Eco. etc. If our four guests were to have a festival, what would their slogans be? Let’s start with Royal Pirates’ Moon.
M: Haek-Gul-Jam?
T: Haek-Gul-Jam????? Okay…. Moving on to Sooyoon!
S: A Solo Festival for solo acts.
T: This is good! What is “haek-gul-jam”?
M: Really… fun
T: Ah, “wan-chaem’ (wan-jon chae-mit-da = super fun)
M: Yes, super fun
T: How about James?
J: For me.. Metal World Festival
T: Metal World Festival… okay. This week’s special guest, Park Boram, how about you?
B: For me, it’s “Love”
T: Love? This is good. Boram is full of love. SuKiRa’s special slogan for this week is “Fantastic”
J: :fluent: Fantastic!
T: Fun, Touching, Healing, etc. All these things are present, and the themes that aren’t aren’t. A fantastic live festival here at SuKiRa will be starting right now~
B/RP: C.3.O! [The name of the corner]
T: These four guests have been brought to bring music to our ears for this SuKiRa festival! If these oppas were at a festival, no matter what they do, people would run first! Handsome, affectionate, great singers, all-around perfect men, the Royal Pirates! Moon, Sooyoon, James! Hello~~
RP: Hello! Everyone, we are the Royal Pirates. Nice to meet you.
T: It’s been awhile since I saw you last; you’ve gotten even cooler
RP: Thank you
T: Next! “Do you.. want to go to a festival together?” If you ask carefully she’ll answer coolly~ “Sure!” Let’s welcome Park Boram!
B: Hello~ I’m Park Boram!

T: Ryeowook has taken some time off, so here I am in this DJ position
M: It suits you
T: Oh, does it? It’s not awkward at all?
RP: Not at all
[I couldn’t catch the banter :P; I think they were talking about Teuk’s looks, bc Teuk replied, “It’s because I’m tired”]
T: Actually, I’ve seen James and Park Boram before, but it’s my first time meeting Moon and Sooyoon
M: You’ve seen me once
T: Really? Where was that?
M: I appeared on Star King before, but I didn’t really do anything there…so I wasn’t memorable [He ate four-ish bowls of noodles!]
T: You were there about you didn’t stay in my memory..
M: That’s right.
T: I’m sorry. In the future I’ll try to remember you better
M: No, that’s okay, you didn’t know me then^^
T: James is getting more and more handsome as the days pass
J: No, that must be because I’m wearing a cap today (you can’t REALLY see my face)
T: Even if you weren’t wearing the cap, you’re overflowing with good-looks
J: Thank you
T: And also, she’s gotten prettier and prettier and prettier! So pretty I want to date her, Park Boram is here. Have you been well?
B: I’ve been doing very well!
T: Extremely well?
B: Yes. Now my promotions have pretty much ended, so I have a lot of free time.
T: Oh, but you’ve released a new song with Lee Hyun, “Pretty Bae” What type of song is it?
B: Lee Hyun wants to meet a beautiful person, and I want to meet a nice person. Don’t you think it fits?
T: Oh, Lee Hyun really likes beautiful people.
B: Oh really?
T: As his friend… Please treat him well while performing
B: I can’t reach him
T: Oh, you can’t?
B: I don’t have his number [?]
T: Royal Pirates, are you doing any promotions or do you have a new album coming up?
J: We’ve been working on songs for our new album. And our theme today is “festival” so… soon…
M: We’re preparing for a rock festival coming up, and recently there’ve been a lot of university festivals that we’ve been attending.

[RP covers Uptown Funk]

T: Wow~ So exciting! Really awesome.
RP: Thank you
T: Uptown Funky. Uptown Fun-keu.
M: Funk.
T: Oh, my pronunciation is not too good… Boram, how did you like it?
B: I don’t normally listen to this type of music. But it was really fun… I think when I go home today, I’ll listen to it again.
T: We’re here at SuKiRa with special DJ Teuk, Royal Pirates, and Park Boram. Today’s theme is “festival” so let’s jump right into our festival related stories.

M (Listener’s Story): I’ll start with a sigh. Hello, I’m a high school broadcast staff member. As such, I have no recollection of any memories when I’m at the festivals. At the end of the month all I can remember is running around and sweating. Haha. “Prep the next stage”, “Bring the mic”, all the things that go on backstage, people who haven’t experienced it wouldn’t know. Of course, this gives me a different set of memories from the festival-goers, but it’s a shame that I can’t enjoy the same experience with my friends. But, there is a bright side. Seeing the good-looking oppas who are performing up close. I want to go to a festival just like everyone else at least once, but will that day ever come?
T: Ah, that’s right. As a person who performs, I can attest that in the places that you can’t see, a lot of people are working very hard. Let’s applaud all our staff members. Our SuKiRa staff members, the writers and editors are always unseen but working very diligently. Let’s give them all a word of thanks. Truthfully, when you’re performing you lose your senses, everything is done in a rush. RP and Boram, have you ever made a mistake on stage before?
M/RP: We have. Many times.
T: Especially since you’re a band, I bet a lot of things have gone wrong regarding your instruments.
M: Yes. Since we’re always performing live, sometimes there’s a bad connection, especially since the stage is so long, and while we’re performing the sound doesn’t come out. That’s happened to us a lot.
T: What do you do when the sound doesn’t come out? Do you keep going?
M: We keep going! When the song is finished, then we’ll stop to fix it. Before, we would have to stop and start from the beginning.
T: What mistakes have you made, Boram?
B: I can’t really dance, but this most recent song requires me to. So there are a lot of times where I totally forget the steps, and have made mistakes.
T: For you, there’s not really any time in the song for you to stop and take a break.
B: Right, and it’s really high. The notes are very high, so my throat starts to hurt as well
T: But it’s very nice for the people listening. LOL
B: Ah, is that so?
T: In this weather, if you listen to the song at night, it’ll make you want to date. It’s a song that lifts people’s spirits.
B: Thank you.
T: Very good~ I have a question for you four, is there any festival you remember the most in your life or while working? For me, [he explains, but I don’t really get it… Was it two events going on at the same or around the same time? Either way, in the end he didn’t go to either of them. He doesn’t want to disappoint anyone, so he doesn’t go to the festivals anymore.] When they call me now, (I refuse and) I tell them I’ll work harder.
M: It hasn’t been very long since we’ve started playing the festivals, we started just recently. There’s something I’m curious about though, on tv you see all these festivals, like.. the Pepper Festival and whatnot. There are quite a few. I’m really curious as to what goes on during them. What would a rock band even do there?
T: I heard this from Dynamic Duo’s Gaeko.. There was a Children’s Day Festival, and you know hip hop is pretty intense… It’s all “put your hands up!” Imagine saying this to six and seven year olds
M: They wouldn’t know what it meant, right
T: Right! And another person went to a Bowing Ceremony (?) and went, “Everyone, put your hands up!” As you can imagine, it didn’t really fit. For the sake of our many listeners, I hope that the Royal Pirates and Park Boram sing a lot~
[Park Boram covers Acoustic Collabo’s “It’s Strange, With You”]
T: Boram’s singing can attract a lot of people.
M: It’s like (listening to) half breath and half sound. It was very good.
T: Would you like to cast her?
M: Huh? Catching?
T: Casting!
M: Ah~ Yes, I’d like to cast you.
B: Thank you.
T: Boram, if you sang like this you must have had a lot of guys chasing after you
B: Oh, but I used to be really chubby, so…
T: No, (you’re/it’s) very pretty
B: Thank you
T/M: The tone of your voice.. is really pretty
B: Oh, you were talking about my tone? >A<
T: I think at night, if I were bored or couldn’t sleep, I think if you sang I would be able to
B: What?
T: It’s just that you have a voice I’d like to hear at night
B (Listener’s Story): Last week our school had it’s festival. A lot of students from other schools came so it was crowded and noisy. I was going to enjoy it with my friend, but at the entrance suddenly thought of the light-sticks sold at concert I had gone to previously. So I told my friend we should do it, too, with what allowance we had, we bought them to sell. For that moment, we were excited. On the day of the festival we kept shouting for people to buy them, and kept lowering the price but no one bought any. While people were performing we tried to get the audience to buy them but they refused, too. What are we going to do with all these?

T: Light-sticks are the culture of concerts, right? When you see the fans supporting you, it gives you a lot of strength, doesn’t it?
J: Of course
T: You know how each singer has their own color, right? Do you have any, I’m curious.
B: I don’t think I have one yet
T: Then do the male fans make placards for you, at least?
B: Oh, yes!
T: Is there one that you remember?
B: “Let’s date, Park Boram”
T: That’s very memorable
B: Yes, it was.
T: How about the Royal Pirates?
S: We don’t have any light-sticks, but we have a slogan. One with the three of our faces right on the front. It’s a little difficult. (Seeing our own faces)

T: This might be difficult to answer, but out of the three of you, which of your fans is the most active? The most passionate?
M: Probably.. probably my fans.
T: Is that so, Moon?
M: Yeah… fans of James and Sooyoon are a little quiet. I mean, they cheer us on just as eagerly as everyone else but my fans just dance, and.. they really enjoy it.
T: Who has the most fans? Who do you think is the most popular? How’s this, What rank do you think you hold in terms of popularity?
M: I think I’m ranked No.1
T: No.1? James, do you think the same way?
J: Moon has the most. Because he’s the lead vocal…
T: Because he’s the lead vocal… Do you acknowledge this, Sooyoon?
S: Of course!
T: He’s acknowledged it but there’s a bittersweet feeling there… Boram, what are your fans like?
B: They all have a similar personality to mine. Very friendly. So whenever I go somewhere they greet me warmly like, “Oh, hey! You came?”
T: Do you have many older uncle-fans?
B: Oh, I do.
T: You must be very shy around them
B: At first I was, but after I kept meeting them, I came to be comfortable around them
T: I see. Getting back to our story, she bought all these light-sticks, but can’t sell them. Then, what do you think does sell well at events like these?
B: Food?
T: Food!
M: Kimbap!
T: And?
B: Beer…
M: Beer and hotdogs! They sell those at American events.
T: How about cold water? Do you think it’s necessary? Since it’s hot?
M: If it’s at a rock festival or something, then cold water is a necessity
T: What else?
S: Tent!
M: Bringing a tent to a concert?!
S: Recently there’ve been people who lie there to enjoy the show…
T: In my experience, [They talk about things that sold really well… thirty years ago. XD Then Teuk gets to talking about the festivals again, and Moon suggests that he goes.] Kids these days… they don’t like Super Junior.
M: Then you would go separately… (not as a group)
T: Sometimes I think it’s be great if I were a little younger
M: No, you still look youthful
T: Look youthful…
M: You look young!
T: Thank… you. Should we move on to the next story? Are we hearing a song? Then let’s hear a song.

[RP covers Get Lucky]

T: How exciting. We’re hearing Royal Pirates live in the studio. That was “Get Lucky.” Wow, it really was uplifting.
M: Thank you
T: [Talks about how in his day there was no space for a drum-set/set-up like this and that Ryeowook has changed everything XD] Let’s continue on with our festival related stories. Sooyoon will introduce the next one.
S (Listener’s Story): In my high school years there was a male student I had a one-sided crush on for three years. It was decided I would sing at our festival, and that morning I didn’t eat breakfast, and sat in the very front. I searched for a song to sing for him, and when it was all done I said a few words. “This song is for the person I like. So I’m going to express my feelings through it.” All the students got to whispering, and that person slowly got a little closer to me. I thought my heart would burst, and as if time had stopped, I couldn’t move. When he got close enough I could hear him breathe, HEOL. He was coming for my friend, who was right next to me. The two ended up dating and I went home and bawled, mourning my three-year one-sided love. When festival time rolls around, all I remember is that painful memory.

T: How painful. Have any of you sang a song for the person you liked before?
RP: Yes
B: I haven’t
T: You all have… Boram, you really haven’t?
B: Really, I haven’t.
T: Have you liked one person before?
B: I have, but I’ve never sung for them.
T: While you were auditioning, have you ever thought of one person and sung while thinking of them?
B: No
T: Boram is so pure/innocent
B: Not at all! Innocent?
M: I guess she’s not, then
T: The Royal Pirates, all three of you, you’re wolves. You’re men. What type of songs have you sung, Moon?
M: A long time ago now, Jason Mraz… [sings Lucky]
T: I’d fall for you. How about you, James?
J: I’d sing songs that I wrote
T: Ready…!
J: Oh! I don’t even remember them now
T: Alright, Sooyoon, ready..!
S: [idk this song]
T: Aw, a sad song!
S: You have to sing this when you break up
J: Bad boy!
T: Alright, if- Boram, you said you hadn’t sung to someone before- if you could, which would you sing?
B: If I got a boyfriend, I would want to sing ?? (Jang Bum Joon)
T: Ready!
B: … What was it??
T: Boram’s still not ready for love. If she were, the song would come straight out~
B: I guess I’m not ready yet
T: Yes, you need time to get ready.

M (Listener’s Note): In order to give my boyfriend a special birthday, I bought tickets to a rock festival. Thanks to him, I went to my first rock festival, and the atmosphere was crazy. Following along, I danced and sang, and had a great time. I heard my favorite band Yoon Dohyun as well. Without knowing I grabbed my boyfriend tight and screamed. But after I came to my senses a bit I realized who I grabbed wasn’t my boyfriend, but another man. I was so excited that instead of grabbing my boyfriend on the left, I grabbed a different man to my right. (“Oh, how dangerous.”) My boyfriend was surprised, the guy I grabbed was surprised, and I was the most surprised. Thankfully my boyfriend understood, saying “It was because you were excited.” I was worried we would break up. In the future, I’ll do well to check my phone, and check the person as well.
T: At concerts though, things like grabbing someone’s hand, jumping, hugging, these aren’t uncommon.
M: Yes, you see that all the time, because people are just so excited.
B: I have to try going once, then.
T: Would you go to a rock festival?
B: I’ve never been before. I want to try going now.
T: If you were to go to a concert with you boyfriend or girlfriend and something like this happened, would you be understanding?
M: I think I’d be annoyed
S: Rather than getting angry, I’d listen to an explanation
T: You’d be understanding to some point
S: Yes, of course
T: If she explained with aegyo
S: Of course
B: Isn’t it okay as long as you didn’t kiss?
T: You think so? Skinship is fine as long as you didn’t kiss?
B: Well, yeah. Hugging and stuff is no big deal
T: [Talks about how everyone got together at SM to watch the 2001 World Cup, and when someone had scored everyone would jump up and hug; and how people on the street were hugging each other, etc.]
S: We would have ??
M: Because we would’ve been too young
B: I was nine
M: Hyung, how old were you then?
T: I was in middle sc-
M: How could that be?!
T: Sorry, sorry, not middle school. I was– hold on a minute!
S: But hugging is normal between middle schoolers…
T: I was twenty
M: Then you could have enjoyed it fully
T: Hold on, age… Moon, how old are you?
M: I’m an ‘88-er
T: How about you, Boram?
B: ‘94
T: Was that okay to say?
B: Yes, it’s fine…
T: How about you, James?
J: I’m the same age as Moon
T: [I didn’t get the joke, srry!] How about you, Sooyoon?
S: I was born in ‘89
T: Ya’ll are so young! Ah… I’m thinking of the World Cup now…
[They talk about how that year there were a lot of weddings, and how that generation of kids are called the “World Cup Babies”] At the next World Cup, I hope to come to you with good news ^^
M: We’ll anticipate it
T: Boram, have you prepared the next song? (“Yes. I’m ready.”) You’re drinking coffee there, right? (“Yes, it’s coffee”) I thought it was beer.. h h Your face is getting red~~
B: I’m innocent~~

[Park Boram covers Jaurim’s One Fine Spring Day]

T: How did you like it, today?
M: I really enjoyed it. It was great being able to hear Boram sing, and seeing Teuk-hyung. Seeing Ryeowook is great, too but, it was really great today.
T: Speak truthfully, do you like Ryeowook better or me?
M: That’s like asking if I like my mom or my dad better
T: I’m not talking about your parents, here
M: Since I have to keep seeing him, I’ll say Ryeowook XD
T: What about you, James, Sooyoon?
S: Today was really different…
T: Not that. Do you like Ryeowook or me?
S: Ryeo-Teuk, Ryeo-Teuk
T: James?
J: This is scary..
M: Pick well
J: Um.. I’ll… PASS. The two are.. the same. I’m a fan of Leeteuk-sunbaenim!
B: I’m Leeteuk’s fan! Ryeowook-oppa, doesn’t really like me. He keeps bothering me!
T: That means he likes you
B: Oh, really? Well then.
T: Say something to RW, so that he can hear it next week.
B: Ryeowook-oppa… please work hard! >.<
T: Please introduce next week’s theme.
B: Yes. Next week’s theme is “Alcohol.” [Sooyoon’ll enjoy this one :p]

**Translations by SSRP (heymeowmao)