Sunday, May 10, 2015

[Translations] 150510 SuKiRa ◢


[Moon fan-boys over Yerim, SY gets jealous (of James’ abs), and James proves himself a loyal man]



RW: There are many types of friend, right? The soulmate you can connect to with just one look. The so-truthful-it’s-scary friend. The humorous friend who opens their mouth and an explosion of words come out, and etc. What type of friends are these four guests? Let’s start with the Royal Pirates.
M: I’m the type of friend you can let out all your inner thoughts to
S: I’m the friend that gives you assurance
J: I’m the loyal friend
RW: And what about today’s special guest, Kim Yerim?
Y: I’m a friend that can listen to anything
RW: Our four friends can comfort you and give you happiness through song!
RW: Our special guest today has really become very pretty~ Of course, she was always very pretty-
M: I’m a fan~ A fan~
RW [to Moon]: Stop that
M: Ahaha~ Okay
RW: Behind a mysterious voice is a charm we really want to know. Mermaid-voice, Kim Yerim!
Y: Hello, I’m Kim Yerim. Nice to meet you~
RW: :laughs bc the studio is in chaos: Moon’s kept saying he was your fan…
M: I’m a fan of yours, starting from your hair
Y: You must really like this color, then
RW: It’s been a long time since you’ve been on SuKiRa
Y: Yes, it has. I was fixed for a while
M: Oh, really?
Y: I was invited back for a few weeks
M: Where was I back then..?
RW: You must have been somewhere..
M: I must have, right?
Y: It’s been almost a year…
RW: When you were singing Alright~
Y: I’m really glad to be back here after such a long time
RW: When you were speaking in English with the Royal Pirates earlier, you looked very cool
Y: Me?
M: She lived in New Jersey for a time..?
Y: Yes, we talked for a bit and then they started talking to me in English, and I found out they were from LA
J: Before that you must have thought we were fools
Y: I did wonder if maybe there was some sort of problem… :LOL: I wondered if it was a problem with me or..
RW: Your hair color is very exceptional
M: It suits you
Y: It’s been worked on a lot, almost five to six times. Now there’s almost no more black and it’s the color you have right before you hit white
RW: That must have hurt a lot
Y: Yes, usually at this point my scalp would hurt but I’m totally healthy! Its really a huge relief.
M: Your roots are slightly showing…
Y: Yes, they’re in danger (of being bleached) right now..
M: Fighting!
RW: Excuse me, Moon… please don’t stare at her so intently
M: I was always a very observant person. Ryeowook-hyung’s shorter hair is also very nice
RW: Well I.. got tired of it and needed a change. You all must have been pretty busy lately… James?
J: I’ve recently filmed for a CF… [didn’t really understand, but he had to take sth off, and show off his muscles] “There was an uproar”
M: To film for this CF James worked out a lot and even got some tanning done. He had it done up to here {references a body part} but when they filmed, they only filmed this much of him
RW: Really?
J: I ended up wasting my time… but I think it came out well. It was fun
RW: What was it for?
J: Can I say…? For a tea…
M: A tea made from sunlight… [Mate Tea of the Sun]
RW: By yourself?
J: With Sistar
RW: With Sistar? The two of you (Moon and Sooyoon) must have missed out…
M: Not really, since James films a lot
S: Not for me either, because of James’ abs
M: It’s very catchy (Lim’s Awoo), you can’t help but dance to this music
J: I felt Yerim’s swag
RW: Your actual title track is something different, what was your special reasoning for singing Awoo today?
Y: First of all, on music broadcasts, I can show off the title track a lot already. I personally like this song a lot, so I wanted to sing it for you.
M: The lyrics are very interesting/fun
RW: Yoong Jongshin..
Y: Yes, he wrote and composed the (title) song for me. This one (Awoo) was composed by Primary..
M: I really like Primary..
Y: Yes, me too…
RW: You must not like Yoong Jongshin very much then… XD
M (listener’s note): I’ve had this close friend since high school. We would meet everyday and play games, play billiards, eat, and drink together. We were always together. But suddenly this guy has some sort of prior arrangement, I feel as if he’s lying to me. If I call him asking to play billiards he tells me he has to take his girlfriend to the movies, if I call him out for a drink he denies saying he has a date. With nothing to do on the weekends, I just stay in my room. Dang. Is it okay for a man to be like this? I guess people with no love-life should just live together. In the face of love, friendship becomes nothing but dust.
RW: Do you have many friends, Yerim?
Y: I only have a few. So with the couple that I’ve known since I was small, and the couple now, I only have about five?
M/RW: That’s a lot…
Y: Is that so?
RW: These are friends you can comfortably tell your thoughts to?
Y: Yes
RW: That’s a lot..
Y: Is it?
M: Are they friends you made while you were in Korea?
Y: They are friends from elementary and high school, and a couple I met through work
M: How are women? If your friends all got boyfriends, what would happen..
Y: Well, none of us have one
RW: Are they the same age as you?
Y: No, they’re almost all unnies, almost the same age as each other
RW: What do you think James? Do you have a lot of friends?
J: I have a ton of friends
M: James is very social / SY: Social-butterfly!
J: I can become close with people very easily
RW: There are friends that know you on a basic level, but then what about the ones that really know you…
J: I don’t have many of those. If a friend starts dating or whatever, I just go to find a different friend
RW: Because you’re angry..?
J: No, not out of anger, just… eventually, I congratulate them and move on. It’s a good thing, after all.
RW: No but if you were always together, and then suddenly things start getting strange-
M: Like your friend starting to date-
RW: Wouldn’t you feel like your friend’s being taken away from you?
J: I think that is a possibility
RW: It has to happen! What do you think, Sooyoon?
S: For me… Okay, well I’ve known Moon for over 13 years, and we’re always together. (Before,) When Moon got a girlfriend, he just threw me away.
RW: Okay, we got it.
S: That’s why I became friends with James
RW: Of course that’d be upsetting… he’d always eat with you and then all of a sudden (he was gone)..
M: Did I do that? But Sooyoon and I had been friends for so long- (he would be understanding of Moon getting a gf)
RW: Forget it, let’s stop talking about it [RW being mad on SY’s behalf XD]
RW: What did you think Yerim?
Y: It’s been a long time since I’ve sat in front of a band like this, the mood was really good.
RP (Moon first): Thank you
RW: For me, with the drums right behind me it was…
M: Loud
RW: I’ll listen to it again later
Y: The three of you are very in sync
RP: Thank you
J: How about doing a collab later…
Y: Of course! I’d love to!
RW: Alright.. today’s theme…
M: Your ears must be ringing
RW: Sooyoon really has good strength today (He banged the drums so hard). Anyway, today’s theme is friendship, Yerim has another note for us.
Y: Yes, I’ll introduce it now. (Listener’s Note) I’ve had a friend I was partners with since elementary. Though we were always together, our roles were clearly different. She was Chunhyang and I was Hyangdang. It was like that since we graduated college. We were always being compared by others, and without knowing, I got hurt. Now it’s been reversed! I’m living with an awesome man and that friend is still flying solo. Seeing my friend lonely and jealous, somehow I felt proud. Am I awful? Still, I hope that she meets someone and marries soon.
RW: Chunhyang and Hyangdang…
Y: It’s sad
RW: Right?! To be compared like that by others, I would get hurt. I’d cry.
M: People who haven’t been nitpicked in this way wouldn’t know, right?
RW: I don’t think you have, Moon. Since you’re on the handsome side
M: I don’t think I’ve ever been compared like that by people. Thankfully
RW: James is tall, so (he wouldn’t have been compared to others either)… And he films CFs on his own!
J: I’m sorry
RW: What about you, Sooyoon?
S: Me? Well, I always have to see James’ abs everyday…
J: I’m sorry, Sooyoon-ah
S (Listener’s Note): I’ve been best friends with this person for over 10 years. That friend is always one step ahead of me. When we graduated college, she got into a better company before me, and I congratulated her without fail. That person is even getting married before me! I hated her a little, but still gave her my sincerest congrats. I got a call from my friend, who said she was pregnant; I’m still not. She was ahead of me in everything else, I at least wanted to have a kid before her. I’m upset. Even so, I congratulated her but this time it was 100% insincere. I’ll always be behind this friend, is there anyone to give me a hug?
RW: What do you think about seeing your friend do better than you, truthfully?
M: I.. don’t have that type of jealousy. I don’t really think about who’s doing well… Truthfully when we are at  the music shows, there are people there that are far younger, and far more successful than we are. We see that all the time. Of course, I’m jealous but I feel that each person has their own pace to go through life with. Rather than being jealous of someone else, I think I’m happy and thankful to have worked hard just to be where I’m at right now.
RW: How about you, Yerim?
Y: Me? I don’t think as the listener does. I feel like everyone has reason to do well. Even if you’re falling behind, you still have to try hard. In school it was like this, too. In junior and senior year people start asking you your plans for the future, are suggestions start being given like, “We should do this together” and whatnot. But those suggestions are only from close friends.
RW: Like, “I hope you can do this…”
Y: Yes, things like looking around together or going places together. I’m a very active person, I so liked doing this.
M: You must be a good friend
RW: If, by chance that friend ended up doing well though, would you be upset? You helped them so much, and they’re ahead in life.
Y: Would I be upset…? I think I’d be happy for them.
RW: But on the side there has to be some qualms about others doing well. We’re only human, after all.
Y: There is that. But I think it has more to do with believing in oneself. You have to believe that you’re a good person, and that people around you are people you care about, and that everything will work out to make a better world.
RW: I really hope there are more people like you. Happy virus.

RW: I have a lot of juniors by my side. In the beginning it was Hyungsik. We did a musical together and he was really child-like. He would always follow me around, and I really hoped to myself that he would do well. Then all of a sudden he really did! Also, EXO’s D.O. Before, I didn’t really pay attention to the trainees, but after he debuted, I started to take more care of him, and look at him now! He’s filming movies and dramas with Jo Insung. What am I? But seeing others do well makes you feel good.

Moon (Listener’s Note): I’ve had a male person as a “friend” for over ten years. Without me knowing, I’ve had a one-sided love for him. Afraid that we couldn’t be friends anymore if I confessed, I went for a long time without saying anything. I never once showed how I felt. As time went by, I received new that he was getting married. Swallowing my tears, I congratulated him. We went drinking together and he told me, that at one point he had liked me. After hearing that, I went home and cried furiously. If I had known, I would have confessed. Why was I so foolish? I regret it. But what can I do about it now? He’s already someone else’s man. All because I wanted to maintain my friendship with him. “Friendship” is such a great thing, but who knew it could also be this painful.
RW: What do you think? Can a man and a woman just be friends?
J: I think they can.
RW: Sooyoon doesn’t think so.
S: I think it’s difficult
M: I think they can but there is always that possibility
- -
RW: James, you said they can be friends. What if your wife, or girlfriend… told you she was going on a friendship trip with her male friend?
J: If I find someone I lose enough to marry, I would trust in her 100%… This is scary! Was I too honest? But if I did find someone I was going to marry, I think I would be able to trust her. As long as I knew the male as well… But if it were a man I didn’t know, then I wouldn’t let her go.
- -
J: I think I live in a fantastic country… not country.. like.. imaginary
RW: That’s what you imagine for yourself
J: How sad!
S: Would you send her away and then play on your own? James?
M: Oh! A here’s my chance!
RW: Isn’t that your own thoughts, Sooyoon?
S: No~
RW: Have you ever had an experience like this, Yerim?
Y: Rather than liking someone, I’ve had a close friend confess to me before. So I… I told them that I hoped we could carry on as friends. … But as you said before, you would trust in your gf or bf but if two people were to go on a trip together… you  never can know what will happen. It’s a new place, and the mood is different (anything can happen). Even if you believe in the person, you can’t trust in the situation.
J: I want to believe!
Y: You can’t~
J: That’s sad!
M: I think it’ll be too difficult to believe in someone 100%. There’s no way
J: I don’t think I can get married, then!
- -
RW: Has anything like this happened to you, Moon?
M: I’ve started thinking that way about a friend before. As I thought about it I knew there was no way anything would happen between us and we just continued to be friends.
Y: Do you still keep in contact?
M: Yes, but truthfully now we’re not very close now
RW: Now that we’re on the topic, you can’t help but wonder if you have feelings for a friend in that way or not.
M: I think for females, even if they are aware of their feelings, they would just continue to be friends with the guy
Y: I think, even if you try to hide your feelings, it would show in your eyes or with a slip of one word… you can never know with these things
RW: You just keep hitting walls
Y: But if you want to stay friends with someone, if there’s someone important to you that you want to stay friends with…
RW: Where would you find a person like that? Just start dating! No? Sorry, James. You believed in her. I’m just tearing down your trust.
RW: It’s already time to wrap up! What a shame, after Yerim hasn’t been here in so long. You should around more, Moon likes you so much
Y: Yes, it’d be great if I could be a fixed guest and come hang out every week.
M: Yes, please do~


**Translations by SSRP (heymeowmao)