Tuesday, March 14, 2017

[17.03.15] Behind the Story: Angel

2017.03.14 - Sooyoon 1st Solo - Angel




March 14th! With the coming of the clear spring the warm sunlight brings with it Sooyoon’s solo song. Unlike the strong and charismatic drummer of Royal Pirates you’ve seen so far, “Angel” is a fresh track with a warm melody. Everyone, how did you like it? Singer-Songwriter Sooyoon’s first solo and first self-produced album (single) “Angel”! What inspirations went into making this song.. you’re curious right? Team RP is bringing this to you straight from Sooyoon himself! Let’s see!

Sooyoon’s Inspirations



Inspiration 1. Softly Piling Snow
SY: The day I was making “Angel” there happened to be a lot of snow collected outside the window. I put the image of white snow into the song, and I wanted it to represent brightness and warmth.

Inspiration 2. Trap Beat
SY: At the time I was composing “Angel” I listened to Drake’s song a lot. I fell for the natural trap beat, and I wanted to make a song with a trap beat in it. Just like in the picture above, making a song while the snow collected outside I feel like I captured the feeling of winter.



Inspiration 3. My New Toy~
SY: Lately I’ve been using new equipment so I’ve taken in interest in my work space. I tried this and that but got greedy for the equipment and ended up getting a midi-controller. I used to compose with a guitar before, but the song’s piano riff came out naturally on this instrument. I’m going to continue to experiment with music, so please look forward to it.


@ Recording Studio


Sooyoon gifted us with this song, which was the result of his own inspirations! He also showed us a bit of himself in the recording studio. He looks cool when playing the drums, but seeing him passionately work on songs like this is really charming as well! :-) !

Please give Sooyoon and his first solo song lots of love and support. Don’t miss the live broadcast of Club KBS’ “Open Mic” tonight at 7p!


Royal Pirates Fancafe
English translations by setsailroyalpirates ^^